“Excellent”

Huck's Catfish
Ranked #1 of 80 Restaurants in Denison
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This is some of the best catfish I've ever tasted. Friendly and flawless service. We will definitely be going back.

1  Thank mikeandjuli

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Seen this place and said Instead of steak let's get seafood. Glad we stopped in service was very good and friendly they liked that we rode out here to Texas from Ohio. The food was very good. I would stop back again.

2  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We love Huck's Catfish! No matter when you go to Huck's, it seems there is always a wait...but it is worth the wait. The catfish is always fresh, hot and plentiful. The portions are large. The side dishes are good. We've never had room left for dessert, but it looks good, as well.

1  Thank nancybV6667ZR
Reviewed 17 August 2017

My husband and I went to the restaurant and loved the catfish! I got one filet that came with two sides, and my husband got two filets with two sides. The sides menu is extensive with some items available everyday and some on certain days. The catfish was fried perfectly with a flour batter (we prefer cornmeal). After lunch, I got peach cobbler with ice cream. Yummy!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

My husband loves fried catfish so we drove to Denison to eat at Huck's for our anniversary dinner. We had eaten at Huck's once before several years ago and remembered that they had good catfish then. We got there about 1, and the place was still full from lunch, but we got seated right away. We both had fried catfish and hushpuppies. He had fried okra and creamed spinach and I had the bacon slaw and ham potato salad. My sides were OK, although the slaw was very garlicky; he praised the spinach. The fish was very large filets, served piping hot, and we had an extra plate of hush puppies. Our daughter who lives in the area said to be sure to get the green tomato relish. She was right--it was tasty, especially on the hush puppies. Service was prompt and very good. On our return trip through Denison we stopped again, but the fish portions were smaller, and we had to ask several times for more hush puppies. In all fairness, it was closer to regular lunch time, but the place was not full. Service was good the second day. I'm not a great catfish devotee, but their fish is crispy and hot, well worth the wait if you get there during the busy time.

Been to Huck's Catfish? Share your experiences!