Quality Inn(Duncanville)
  • Pool
US$63
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

The room and location was ok. Close to convenience store, walking distance to Kroger grocery store and right off I-20.

The lady that checked me in was very rude. I got to the property at 2:40 and she told me check in wasn't until 3pm. Every other property I've gone to has always allowed me to check in early. It was only 20 minutes early. So I sat there and waited while she went back on her break.

Then she said couldn't find my reservation. I told her both my name and my boyfriend name and she said had neither one. Then as I was checking my online confirmation. It should have been in my boyfriend name. She said it was in MY name on her system. Only 5 seconds after she said she seen neither one of our names. What really pissed me off is she checked in a walk-in guest before me. I was appalled. It wasn't even 3PM yet. It was 2:45. Had I not already reserved the room with my credit card from a 3rd party website, I would have gone somewhere else.

Online it states free WiFi, smoking preference, and all suites have microwave and fridge. I also requested in both in additional comments, just in case. I get to the room, neither were provided, Wi-Fi was 2.99 or 3.99 per day and it's a smoke-free property. Plus phone didn't work. Apparently ... I'm only guessing since she seems like she would do that for the hell of it ... Maybe she gave the lady checked the walk-in guest the room with the microwave/fridge. Because there weren't any rooms left with them in there. Ughhhh.

I asked for my money back since I had free cancellation until 6PM, but the next front desk clerk explained it would take 5-7 days to return money on my card. So it looks like we are stuck.

All of the other staff was great. Except for the lady who checked me in. She didn't even give me a receipt for payment. I paid $300 on a card and the remaining $38.93 in cash.

Then I notice after midnight when we get back and are about to shower. There was only provided 1 face and bath towel, no wash cloths.

There were a few roaches in the room on the wall and counter. Here's a pic for proof. The green bedding was stained and had a stint to it. I guess you get what you pay for. Only a few more days here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yunieke1980
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Rooms are clean! Professional and friendly staff's! Convenience to highway and stores! Nothing bad to say really I recommend staying a night here. Also has a pool you can go swimming and enjoy your friends or family.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brendasp2017
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed in Motel 6 for 3 nights and I regretted with all my heart . I had to be very economical so that's why I stayed there .
I saw a roach walking up on the wall next to my bed , both beds had dirty bedsheets , I asked them to wash them but I don't think that they did . I got so so itchy and I think it was because the sheets weren't clean . The floor was dirty , the bathroom was also dirty . To top it off the day I checked out the latch of the door was stuck and I was locked in the room with my dad for an hour . Next time I won't stay here .

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Cynthia L
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Dallas - Duncanville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Cynthia, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Clean room. Great for an overnight stay. Too cold to use the pool but there is one. Close to interstate. Staff was very friendly . No coffee in rooms, you need to go down to the office to get a cup of coffee.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Inexpensive and relatively clean. No frills Motel 6. You get what you pay for but this was cleaner than most. A little smoke smell and a below average bed with cheap linens. They gave me a handicapped accessible room that was extra roomy. I would stay again for the price.

Stayed: October 2016