“Always a Pleaser!”

Los Cucos Mexican Cafe El Campo
Ranked #14 of 28 Restaurants in El Campo
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Once in awhile, we get a craving for Mexican food that cannot be met locally, so we drive the 57 miles to the closest Los Cucos. Their menu is extensive, while still remaining affordable, and the food there is outstanding. Our meal began with the usual red and green salsa and chips. The red had a good flavor and mild bite to it, but the green was exceptional having both flavor and a kick. I wanted a kick-start to my meal and got it. I ordered the El Grande Burrito, and it was good, although it could have had less goo and more meat. The service was attentive and efficient, and the servings were generous. Usually, I find the Spanish rice to be on the bland side, but that also was not the case here. The Borracho beans were superb as well and I wanted more of them. Naturally, we'll make the drive again and sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

The food at this Los Cucos is reliably delicious. We go out of our way to stop here for their green sauce. The guacamole, fried avacado, and the tacos are all fantastic. Looking forward to stopping here again.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

The restaurant if very clean, open, and Mexican style without being too much so. The wife and I had very delicious food. She raved about the chicken soup and tostada. My enchiladas were great.

Reviewed 5 November 2015

Nice decor and atmosphere with a very good selections of items to choose from. They serve alcohol and the Tex-Mex is worth the trip

Reviewed 4 November 2015 via mobile

We had the rehearsal dinner for my daughter's wedding here. The food was great, the service excellent. The adult beverages were a little pricy. Overall, an 8/10 for sure.