“Not very good!”

Los Cucos Mexican Cafe El Campo
Ranked #14 of 28 Restaurants in El Campo
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 6 September 2016

We ate here before going to our high school football game. First off, one side of the restaurant was freezing and the other was hot. After getting seated, we ordered drinks, one of the ppl in our party had to waited at least 15 minutes before his drink was brought. He ordered a tequila sunrise, but when we got it, it was not a tequila sunrise by just looking at it. The margaritas my friend and I had were very good. We all ordered something different and only one of us really enjoyed the food. It was just all ok.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Whenever we get a chance to pass through El Campo, we always stop at Los Cucos for a meal. The food and service has been consistently excellent. Our waiter was attentive, the meal, arrived piping hot and tasty, and the portions were very generous. We definitely left fully satisfied and full. The management at this Los Cucos seems to have the restaurant business down cold, and this location is the best in their chain, without a doubt. I can't wait for our next trip through the area.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Went there on advice of a friend, disappointed! Ordered a beer with chips and salsa, waiter never came back to ask if I needed another beer. Finished chips and meal with the water. Poor service. We both ordered Shrimp Taco's, 4 small shrimp per taco and tortilla fell apart. Black beans in soup were just un-tasty, but the broth was OK. Plain white rice was terrible, worse than something from an Asian restaurant (no taste at all, just plain white rice).

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

Good good. Good service. Big variety of food. Chips salsa and an avocado based dip are brought as appetizers. Kids meals were good as well.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Once in awhile, we get a craving for Mexican food that cannot be met locally, so we drive the 57 miles to the closest Los Cucos. Their menu is extensive, while still remaining affordable, and the food there is outstanding. Our meal began with the usual red and green salsa and chips. The red had a good flavor and mild bite to it, but the green was exceptional having both flavor and a kick. I wanted a kick-start to my meal and got it. I ordered the El Grande Burrito, and it was good, although it could have had less goo and more meat. The service was attentive and efficient, and the servings were generous. Usually, I find the Spanish rice to be on the bland side, but that also was not the case here. The Borracho beans were superb as well and I wanted more of them. Naturally, we'll make the drive again and sooner rather than later.