“Really good food”

Los Cucos Mexican Cafe El Campo
Ranked #14 of 28 Restaurants in El Campo
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

The food here is really good and for a sit down restaurant it's super fast...I mean you barely get some chips and salsa down before your food gets out...sweet tea is really good...I hurt myself eating there cause I way over eat

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Eat here frequently. Can't rely on consistency--especially salsa. Prices kind of high for quality of food. Wait staff normally do a good job.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Came here with another couple. I ordered the cheese enchiladas, my wife had a fish taco, and a chicken taco, and my daughter had the crispy chicken taco. My wife said the fish taco was great, and I really liked the cheese enchiladas. I'd had cheese enchiladas only a couple days earlier elsewhere, but these were much better.

Serving sizes were plentiful, mine included rice and beans. No leftovers to take home from here. My daughter's only wish was for fried ice cream, which they didn't have. Don't think I'd have been able to enjoy one anyway. A little to stuffed.

Great place to eat, and the locals like it.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We ate here before going to our high school football game. First off, one side of the restaurant was freezing and the other was hot. After getting seated, we ordered drinks, one of the ppl in our party had to waited at least 15 minutes before his drink was brought. He ordered a tequila sunrise, but when we got it, it was not a tequila sunrise by just looking at it. The margaritas my friend and I had were very good. We all ordered something different and only one of us really enjoyed the food. It was just all ok.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Whenever we get a chance to pass through El Campo, we always stop at Los Cucos for a meal. The food and service has been consistently excellent. Our waiter was attentive, the meal, arrived piping hot and tasty, and the portions were very generous. We definitely left fully satisfied and full. The management at this Los Cucos seems to have the restaurant business down cold, and this location is the best in their chain, without a doubt. I can't wait for our next trip through the area.