“Great BBQ ”

Hickory Stick Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Everman
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

Can't go wrong with any of their BBQ plates. Side dishes are great and the cobler can't get any better. Definitely worth it to stop on and eat.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

We do a lot of river survey work in the area, and this is a favorite stop-in of ours. Friendly, attentive staff, lots of seating, and a cultivated small-town atmosphere you'd expect. The fried baloney sandwich is a favorite of mine, but their brisket is also fantastic. As far as sides go, the potato salad is great, and the baked potato casserole is yummy.

If I could make one change, it would be the beans - they're not bad, they're just eerily similar to the the "Ranch Style Beans" (aka "Carter's Farter Starters") that come in the big black can...my tactic, learned from my Pawpaw, is to just mix in some tater salad with the beans, and you're good to go.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

It's been open for 40 years and we don't eat barbecue anywhere else!! They also have a great bar with really good margaritas!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

great barbecue and homemade pies and cobbler. Good any time during day or night. Great Ham Stack also

Reviewed 22 July 2016

I stopped in at the Hickory stick bbq to get some sliced brisket and potato salad. The brisket was tender but dry, the sauce was very thin but spicy. The best part was the potato salad, it was fantastic. I'm not sure I will order the brisket again but I will go out of my way to get the potato salad.