Holiday Inn Club Vacations Lake O’ the Woods Resort
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We chose Lake O the Woods because we had never been in that part of Texas before and I had an aunt and uncle in Dallas I wanted to visit. The setting for the resort is very pretty. We enjoyed the sunsets on the lake and how quiet it was there. The cabins are in need of refurbishing and updating TV's and appliances. I would recommend the resort if you are looking for a quiet retreat and don't expect luxury of any kind. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We would go back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mtnmama111

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Cozy little cabin with loft. Staff was very courteous. Not much to do unless you bring a boat for the lake. The pool is small and lots of kids. They have a sister resort about 5mi away and you have access to the facilities. The sister resort has a water park (extra charge) but it was crowded with kids. We were bored and left a day early.

Cabin was older and some signs of wood rot under bathroom floor. Furniture was old in need of replacing. Two TVs with cable, but TVs were old. Bedroom TV was not even a flat-screen.

Downstairs was a bedroom with queen bed (old). The loft had two twin beds.
WiFi Internet in the cabin was excellent with fantastic speed.

1  Thank mask2017200
Reviewed 22 June 2017

we stayed in a cabin and had a long needed rest for a week. When we arrived the cabin had some bugs but after we sprayed all was enjoyable. The staff were most friendly and provided things on the spot. I would go back.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

I had never been to Texas before and I loved it. My only thing is, the cabin needs some new carpeting. We had an issue with the shower and tub but they came out right away and fixed it. Everyone was very nice and helpful. It could also use a new sofa sleeper mattress.

Room Tip: Update carpets and fold out couch mattress
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough about the staff here. Always super helpful and professional. The A/C was failing at 7pm Saturday night, and they got the maintenance man out and the unit repaired by 9pm, and we slept great. I've not received that level of service from the best hotels.

My parents bought the one week for this resort in 1989. This resort has been maintained well all these years. It's rustic. Not a "spa resort", but that is not what it is intended to be. Family outdoor fun is what it delivers. Nice for this year is the broadband wireless internet in the cabins.

Cabins are two level. One bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. So it is best suited for the parents and kids. Kitchen and living room are open floor plan. The kitchen is not fitted with gourmet accoutrements, but that's not the vibe of this place. More of a biscuits & gravy with bacon and eggs instead of soufflé vibe. There is a BBQ grille outside each cabin. We've always been able to prepare wonderful meals for our gang.

The beds are comfortable. The site is quiet. I always get great rest here.

The pool is clean. The activities are fun. I do miss archery, but I guess liability got in the way.

Looking forward to many annual vacations in the future.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Lake O’ the Woods Resort? Share your experiences!