“Quick bite to eat while in town ”
Review of Pepito's Cafe

Pepito's Cafe
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

The waitress we had was good, food was also good. Nothing stood out as really excellent for food and they were out of the main thing we actually came here for (not a Mexican food item) . That being said, it was clean, we were seated fast and they had cold beer and yummy chips & salsa!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

While staying overnight in Ft. Stockton, I asked several of the locals, on the best choices to eat in town. Everytime I asked, it was " Pepitos Mexican food !! ". So, figuring the hometown crowd was pointing me in the right direction, I headed their way.

The moment I walked in, I was greeted with a big smile and a friendly welcome. The atmosphere was comfortable and relaxed. While being seated and my drink order taken, I had a few questions for the waitress about the menu as to any recommendations. The beef fajitas or The green Chile chicken enchiladas.. or for a healthier appetite, the Chicken fried steak with green Chile sauce and home cut fries.. it was the way to go for me. A nice cut portion, not overly breaded and just the right amount of gravy..

Pepitos is known for serving authentic Mexican food and I definitely will be back ..I have to try the sizzling fajitas with peppers and onions. I saw several plates leaving the kitchen and many smiles on other people's faces enjoying the food just the same.. The service was great and very attentive, the chips were fresh and crispy and the salsa was amazing. Inside the place, looking around, you'll find it's decorated nicely and it's very clean, which is refreshing. The food was delicious and it was served up HOT !.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I love chili relleno so a review that I read about this place drew me in. Excited at the opportunity to have an awesome chili, I went in to order. Oh, sorry, no chili relleno. Okay, beef flautas--they come with guacamole--sounds okay. Okay, ordered and paid. Ten minutes later I'm told they don't have any more beef would chicken be okay? Sure. It was take out so I was give the food and left. Ha! No guacamole and only about two tablespoons of rice and beans. No chips. Please, try someplace else. This place isn't prepared and doesn't seem to care.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped while travelling through town. They offered a wide selection of both authentic Mexican and American dishes. We had Tacos and Fajitas. I liked the warmnwelcome as we entered, and would definitely eat here again. I also appreciated the clean bathroom facilities.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Today I had the Fish Taco plate & a bowl of Fish and Shrimp Soup. Both were outstanding! The generously filled tacos were delectable with plenty of grilled fish on 3 grilled tortillas. The fish was topped with tasty grilled chopped peppers and onions, a slice of avocado, and hand-cut lettuce and tomatoes. Their salsa is made on site. The savory, well-seasoned soup tasted better than any I ever had while living in the Galveston,Texas area! Don't miss this local restaurant frequented by hungry workers in far West Texas on your way to El Paso or the Big Bend area!