“From the best to the worst”
Review of Nonna Tata

Nonna Tata
Ranked #175 of 1,743 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Quaint spot in a tony location -- "used" to be wonderful and crowded. That was a couple years ago. Now the chicken with bland lemon sauce was barely edible and the tilapia was cooked jerky tough. Only a couple other patrons at noon on a Friday...and after learning the the pasta is NOT HOMEMADE, (unless you pay an extra $5), understandable. $51 (cash only) for lunch for two, with no appetizers or soup. Caesar salad was small with a bland buttermilk dressing. The singular highlight was the tomato based pasta sauce. Such a pity for one of the pioneer Magnolia Street eateries that I had 2 years ago at 5 stars.

1  Thank Chuck N

Reviewed 20 April 2017

My daughter and I went for our first visit on Friday night. We were in a rut with our favorite Tex-Mex restaurant, so on a whim, we decided to try Nonna Tata. I should start by saying that I don't really like pasta, so the visit was more a concession to my daughter. The food knocked me off my rocker. The swordfish was fantastic, but the Caesar salad and Pappardelle were out of this world. The chief came out and talked with us about our meal and made a "spot on" recommendation for desert. She wasn't wrong! Nonna Tata has earned a spot in our rotation. I can't believe we haven't ever been...

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I usually don't write reviews but I have to agree with the earlier lunch posting. Went for the first time to Nonna Tata for lunch today. After 75 minutes finally paid and left. The server is clueless about handling restaurant patrons. He moves at his own pace and nothing moves ordering or checking out at all. The food was good, although the $5 upcharge for homemade pasta was a bit much. The restaurant owner needs to replace the staff to allow this restaurant to be a really good Italian restaurant..

Reviewed 2 February 2017

We decided to try Nonna Tata as we had heard great things about their pasta. The food was good - but the service was just short of terrible and colored the entire visit. Neither of our orders were correct and we ended up just eating what we were served rather than argue more with our waiter that we did not order what he brought. I really don't know what the problem was with communication. Either he did not understand us or he could not communicate to the kitchen what we ordered. I thought all of their pasta was homemade - this is not the case. There is an upcharge for homemade pasta. I'm really not sure what we got, but it didn't taste any different from what I cook out of the box at home. Won't be back.

1  Thank Page1977
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

I'm writing this review now after having been to Nonna Tata dozens of times for many and I feel I've taken the experience of this authentic "Italian village" restaurant for granted. Donatella Trotti not only "gets it" when it comes to the true experience of eating in a small Italian village like Orvieto in Umbria or Falorni in Chianti...she KNOWS it because she's lived it. Don't get me wrong, she knows her audience so there's a good mix of standard Italian fare available, but there's also some crazy authentic internal Italian offerings like house made papardelle pasta with butternut squash in the Fall, and truffle infused tagliata beef...it's all delicious. Soups are fantastic and deserts do not disappoint. Bringing your own wine and sitting outside in the fall or spring puts this place over the top!!! GO!!!!