“Disappointed”

Nonna Tata
Ranked #170 of 1,716 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 12 July 2017

We came here for a birthday celebration. The service was awful. It took literally 3 hours for our meal, I wasnt on "island time" so this was awkward and unacceptable. Our drinks stayed empty and the flies buzzed around our table (inside). The table was stools with no back, which is fine for an hour or so but not 3 hours! The food, once it finally arrived, was okay. It was a letdown because we have wanted to try this place forever. I wish it would have been a better experience!

Reviewed 19 June 2017

NOTE: Nonna Tata only accepts cash or check! If you are traveling with little cash as we were, big surprise! Yet, you can bring your own bottle of wine with you for a small corkage fee.
Went with friends who live near Fort Worth. Two of us has pasta, which I would rate as average. Way too much parmesan on one, heavy pesto on the other. Neither was finished. The fish entrees in parchment seemed to be the best dishes. If you dine here, stick with the specials.
Service was outstanding. The young lady was quick and efficient, with a lot of knowledge of the menu. Restaurant is very quant, only a few tables inside, with more on the patio. My understanding this location is up and coming. Parking is a challenge too.
Frankly, I have had better Italian.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Quaint spot in a tony location -- "used" to be wonderful and crowded. That was a couple years ago. Now the chicken with bland lemon sauce was barely edible and the tilapia was cooked jerky tough. Only a couple other patrons at noon on a Friday...and after learning the the pasta is NOT HOMEMADE, (unless you pay an extra $5), understandable. $51 (cash only) for lunch for two, with no appetizers or soup. Caesar salad was small with a bland buttermilk dressing. The singular highlight was the tomato based pasta sauce. Such a pity for one of the pioneer Magnolia Street eateries that I had 2 years ago at 5 stars.

1  Thank Chuck N
Reviewed 20 April 2017

My daughter and I went for our first visit on Friday night. We were in a rut with our favorite Tex-Mex restaurant, so on a whim, we decided to try Nonna Tata. I should start by saying that I don't really like pasta, so the visit was more a concession to my daughter. The food knocked me off my rocker. The swordfish was fantastic, but the Caesar salad and Pappardelle were out of this world. The chief came out and talked with us about our meal and made a "spot on" recommendation for desert. She wasn't wrong! Nonna Tata has earned a spot in our rotation. I can't believe we haven't ever been...

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I usually don't write reviews but I have to agree with the earlier lunch posting. Went for the first time to Nonna Tata for lunch today. After 75 minutes finally paid and left. The server is clueless about handling restaurant patrons. He moves at his own pace and nothing moves ordering or checking out at all. The food was good, although the $5 upcharge for homemade pasta was a bit much. The restaurant owner needs to replace the staff to allow this restaurant to be a really good Italian restaurant..

Been to Nonna Tata? Share your experiences!