All reviews tejas room the main house star room magnolia ave claw foot tub b and b june wedding medical center area bath salts bridal shower true texas hospitality breakfast was delicious complimentary wine nearby hospital ceiling fan every amenity next morning
Reviewed 30 December 2017

Beautiful old home and well-run. The descriptions on their website perfectly match what we found. Bed was comfortable and bathroom spacious. Breakfast was very good as was the service. Also, conveniently located within walking distance of other restaurants and attractions. We were in Fort Worth as a combination anniversary and to attend the Armed Forces Bowl game at TCU's stadium. If I come back to the Colonial golf tournament, we will stay again.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
lu_lu068, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

We are so glad you enjoyed your get-away! Please do come visit (and stay) for the Colonial! Hope to see you in the spring, if not before, so much to do in Fort Worth.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I was searching for a birthday treat for my wife when I happened upon articles and reviews of the Texas White House. Since my wife retired, she has spent much of her time trying to rescue and preserve historical structures. So I thought a night in this highly recommended 100+ year old home would be right in her wheelhouse. According to her, I chose well. We both enjoyed a day and night in the Tejas room, as well as the hospitality of the owner (Cindy) and her assistant (Meagan).
The home sits on a huge parcel of land, and the outdoor space is quite complimentary to the home itself, with lots of spaces to sit and relax when the weather allows. Inside is cozy and welcoming. Each room offers something a little different with something to accommodate a variety of tastes. Little extras like filtered water, wine and snacks on the main and upper floors were much appreciated and a nice touch. Breakfast was leisurely, plentiful, and tasty. Another plus is the home is located minutes from museums and a variety of restaurants. For us this was a really nice change of pace.
Cindy and Meagan, if you happen to read this, thank you both for making my wife's birthday special.

Date of stay: November 2017
lu_lu068, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

What a fun trip, to stay in a historic house, visit historic sites and relax all in one weekend! Thanks for choosing us for your birthday getaway!

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Disappointing decor and lack of conveniences. Like no shower! Tub was huge with high sides that made it difficult to climb in and out of. Bed was high with no steps to access it. My six-foot husband had no problem with the bed but even he was cautious with the tub. I found both hard to deal with. I am five foot four. Food was average but nothing special. Staff was friendly. When we found upon our arrival that the bathroom sink did not drain , the management had it quickly repaired.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
lu_lu068, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

In a world of 7.6 billion people, there are 7.6 billion opinions on everything in life. There are no two people alike, that is what makes this such an amazing world. At our b&b, we give a full description on all of our rooms, as well as pictures of the rooms, beds and bathroom situations on our website and even over the phone. We always want people to have a great experience and therefore get them into the right room for their stay. We have an amazing suite with a high bed that overlooks the backyard, a small balcony, a dry sauna and an 80 gallon, double person jacuzzi tub... great for honeymooners and other special occasions, but only if that is your opinion of a great stay. This room is highly sought after and booked every weekend throughout the year. Other rooms at our b&b have showers and clawfoot tubs, as well as a variety of antique to contemporary furniture. We have been featured in two prominent magazines for the style of our boutique b&b. We cannot please every person in this world of 7.6 billion, but we try. I am sorry that you were unhappy in the room where you stayed, perhaps another room would have suited you better. I hope that we can try again, on a time where there are more rooms available.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

My room was beautiful and had every amenity that I needed- they really think of everything at this B&B, even bath salts for a relaxing soak in their great claw foot tub!!! The location was perfect for shopping, and great restaurants that you could walk to on Magnolia, just around the corner. Everyday they put out snacks and wine downstairs that were a nice treat and the breakfast was delicious!!! I would recommend this place to anyone!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
lu_lu068, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thanks for noticing the little things we do. When traveling, myself, I look for the ways that other establishments impress me, and bring that back to our b&b. The bath salts and handmade soaps are made by a wonderful lady in the neighborhood, with essential oils to match the lavender scent we use in all of our products. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and were able to relax and recharge! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

The breakfasts were creative and delicious. The managers and helpers were efficient and gracious. The room offered privacy and charm. There's a nice breeze and a place to sit to enjoy the front porch.

Room tip: We stayed in an out-building because we asked for a standard shower in the bath.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Cindy L, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thanks for your review, I am so glad you found a breeze in the summer heat! We are enjoying cooler temps and more rain than our usual summers. We have even served a few breakfasts on the front porch and new back patio area of the b&b. Happy to have met your expectations in a quality b&b! We hope to see you again!