All reviews carriage house tejas room local artists magnolia ave claw foot tub b and b private sauna walking distance to numerous restaurants june wedding bath salts bridal shower quiet neighborhood breakfast was delicious true texas hospitality every amenity arts district next morning
Reviewed 28 May 2018

My husband and I stayed in the Lone Star room for our wedding night (5/19/18) and we wish that we could've stayed longer! I received a text the day of our check-in for instructions since we would be arriving late.

Once we arrived around midnight, we had no issues entering the property or our room. The room is so unique! I slept great and breakfast the next morning was fantastic. Magen was quick to address my husband's food allergies and albeit short, we really enjoyed our stay.

We're local to the area but I would highly recommend others to book any of the rooms here as we hope to do the same in the near future. Thanks for the great service gals!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
lu_lu068, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

First of all, congratulations! Secondly, thanks for finding us among all the other choices to spend your wedding night! We love that so many of our guests are staying for a special occasion, and hopefully you will be able to return for anniversaries and birthdays as well!
We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Stayed here for a conference at the convention center. The location is in the city, so very convenient to everything. We live in the country, so I was concerned about traffic noise, but they provide a very cool sound machine, which, turns out, I didn't need. Slept soundly on a comfortable (very high) bed and enjoyed the charm of the place. It is exactly what you'd expect of an old fashioned, Victorian type B and B, but with modern amenities. Plenty of parking.The hosts gave us great dining suggestions and were really helpful and very sweet and knowledgeable. A plus: it is next door to Pendery's, a famous spice shop that is fun to visit.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
lu_lu068, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thanks so much, coming from someone in the business, that means a lot! We certainly try to provide a stay for our guests like we would like to have (when we are able to travel). We are so fortunate to have a great city with so many things to do, and all so close to us. The convention center, Magnolia Avenue, the museums, walking trails and ice cream (I hope you had a chance to have some Melt ice cream)! If you are back in Cowtown, in the future, I hope we will see you again!

Reviewed 20 April 2018

This is a quaint and delightful B & B in a very good area near Magnolia Avenue which has about 30 non-chain eateries. I wish I could have stayed longer to partake of some of them but will definitely plan a trip back to the area. As other reviews have mentioned, the property and management was exceptional in every aspect, from the pre-arrival call to give you key codes to enter into the main house and your room, as well as checking to see if any food allergies or special needs. We were accommodated in the Carriage House suite which was enhanced with a nice little refrigerator, a Keurig coffee maker, snacks, wine and wine glasses, coffee mugs, dishes, etc. The room decor was artsy and fun. I loved this little place and thought the breakfast was fabulous. I enjoyed meeting other folks and sharing stories. So much cozier than a hotel! We were just minutes from all of the local attractions in the downtown area. Thumbs up and 5 stars in my opinion!

Room Tip: Steep stairs in the main house. Carriage House has rooms on lower level.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kamil14
lu_lu068, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you so much for highlighting our b&b and all the fun things to do close by! I know the Texas heat can be a bit much at times, but not worth staying inside all the time! We are walking distance to fabulous restaurants and cold ice cream and bars to cool off! We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

This bed and breakfast is centrally located in Fort Worth with many nice restaurant options within walking distance. The property is very clean and well maintained with tasteful decor. They offer wine and light snacks for guests to enjoy. One thing that is a bit different than what I have seen in our other B and B stays is that you rarely ever see the proprietor or innkeeper. They have a self check-in, so you don't see anyone upon arrival. In the morning, there are two very friendly and helpful young ladies fixing and serving breakfast. One of those is the innkeeper. She was very willing to answer any questions and offer recommendations, but we only saw her at breakfast in the mornings. My favorite part of staying at the Texas White House was the breakfast conversation with the other guests. The breakfast was adequate, but not quite up to par with others at this price point. All in all, I would recommend this property, particularly for folks who prefer to be left alone.

Stayed: March 2018
lu_lu068, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thanks for your review, we actually have 5 staff members, including myself. We are hard at work, behind the scenes: making breakfasts and snacks for the guests, cleaning, working on the landscaping of the grounds and runnings errands to keep the place supplied. I am sorry we didn't see you much during your stay, there is always someone around if you need us. Our guests are usually busy sightseeing and shopping and attending seminars so we don't always see them in the middle of the day. I am glad you were able to join us for breakfast, we always make an authentic Mexican breakfast on Saturday mornings, which is a 3 course meal. Breakfasts vary from day to day with seasonal produce and chef creations to provide a variety of experiences for our guests. We have such wonderful guests from all over the world and just down the street, I love the conversations around the table!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Made last minute plans to see friends performing at Billy Bob’s enormous complex near the Stockyards! The Fort Worth White House popped up on the radar and the Tejas room was booked. The public areas are convenient and cozy, with a great fireplace for cold mornings or nights. There are two dining areas for experiencing one of the best breakfasts in town! The Tejas Room was filled with period pieces, a comfy bed and seating areas, as well as a claw foot bathtub with shower. The staff starts caring for you well before arrival with gentle inquiries such as dietary constraints, etc., and keeps up this friendly but non-invasive courtesy throughout your stay!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Nick, thanks for the review, sorry for the delayed reply, we get so busy in the spring, I missed it! it is nice to read your review about the cozy fireplace...seems so long ago (it is now July), and we don't even look at the fireplace right now! We are thinking ice cream and ice cold sangria for happy hour! Hope to see you again soon!