All reviews tejas room the main house star room magnolia ave claw foot tub b and b june wedding medical center area bath salts bridal shower true texas hospitality breakfast was delicious complimentary wine nearby hospital ceiling fan every amenity next morning
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Loved staying here! The room was so cozy and was near so many nice bars and restaurants. The Breakfasts were so tasty and filling. Coffee, wine and snacks provided in room/and main entry. Every attention to detail was appreciated and enjoyed. Will stay again!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
lu_lu068, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thanks for letting us know what impressed you, even after multiple stays! We will keep all of the snacks, happy hour wine and delicious breakfasts with local coffee! There are a few new restaurants and cute boutiques for shopping opening on Magnolia this summer! Time to plan your next trip!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

My husband and I are from the Fort Worth area but decided a "get away" would be a nice way to celebrate our wedding anniversary. After making our reservations, the staff at the Texas White House kept in touch via email and text so we knew just what to do, even tough we were checking in after the staff had left for the evening. We were given a code for the front door and were greeted inside by a bottle of wine and snacks with a hand-written note greeting the guests! I mean seriously? Who does that? It was one of the most welcoming and thoughtful things I'd ever experienced. As we went upstairs to our room, there was another note about the wine & water in that fridge....it was all just perfect. There were more hand-written notes in our room with information and instructions. All of this really added to the feeling that they really cared about their guests. We felt more like friends instead of just people paying to stay there.
We chose to stay in the Tejas room - The bed was very comfortable, the toiletries were high quality, and I loved the decor and the information about the artist who's paintings were featured in the room. The complimentary wine, iced cold water, and coffee maker just outside our door made it feel like home. Breakfast was served at a big, beautiful table and was an artistic culinary treat.
The locations of the Texas White House is about 1/2 block from Magnolia Ave.- a great restaurant and bar area - so we spent the evening eating, drinking, and exploring the area.
Overall, this house is a wonderful mixture of historical and contemporary and the staff goes out of their way to make you feel like you're home.

Room tip: The Tejas room was very comfortable
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
lu_lu068, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Wow, I need to copy this review all over my website, my kitchen, my staff bulletin board, my car...everywhere I can see it to remind myself and staff that all the hard work we do...shows! Thanks for taking the time to post this review, it is detailed, heartfelt and so appreciated! I hope you will visit again, for anniversaries and birthdays too!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

This B&B is a little pricey--somewhat ok-- but for NOT for ANY kind of "event" like a wedding, reception, or any other type of family gathering: very drab, power lines to trip over, not many bushes, and no flowers at all.
The property has a wrought iron fence but only on 3 sides. Not good because there are lots of strange "characters" hanging around next door. All cars are vulnerable day and night. I checked on mine several times.
It's also quite noisy because of all the helicopters flying into the nearby hospital. Speaking of noise, the AC worked great--if you like listening to a jet aircraft in your room. And, our ceiling fan was "clicking" too loud for us to use--we didn't get a very "restful" sleep.
The food was good--on our 2nd morning--hard to mess up French Toast. But the owner--who claims to be a chef--experimented with some kind of "cactus" (yes, CACTUS) meal that had everybody at the table trying to choke down this so called "gourmet" meal. I'm told there were eggs on our plate...somewhere. I was actually planning where I was going to go to get another "breakfast"or an early lunch.
I can NOT recommend this place. There are way too many other places to choose from that have decent food, are quiet, and have pleasant / secure, surroundings! If you just want an old house with a "bed" then go for it....oh, wait, those pesky helicopters will still be flying!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

I have to take this review with a grain of salt, as I am sure most readers will! Marty had a wedding and reception in our yard, without us knowing, until the afternoon of the event and without the intent of paying for the event. He was mad that we called it an "event" even though he agreed that they signed the contract not to hold events without prior approval and payment. He threatened us with bad reviews on review sites...I guess this is what he meant! In hindsight, I guess we should have just asked them to leave the premises for breaking the room rental agreement, and not allowed the guests to stay or ceremony to have happened. And if anyone is wondering, NO, none of this is true. Look at our other reviews! It is sad that people use review sites like this!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

My husband and I stayed in the Lone Star room for our wedding night (5/19/18) and we wish that we could've stayed longer! I received a text the day of our check-in for instructions since we would be arriving late.

Once we arrived around midnight, we had no issues entering the property or our room. The room is so unique! I slept great and breakfast the next morning was fantastic. Magen was quick to address my husband's food allergies and albeit short, we really enjoyed our stay.

We're local to the area but I would highly recommend others to book any of the rooms here as we hope to do the same in the near future. Thanks for the great service gals!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
lu_lu068, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

First of all, congratulations! Secondly, thanks for finding us among all the other choices to spend your wedding night! We love that so many of our guests are staying for a special occasion, and hopefully you will be able to return for anniversaries and birthdays as well!
We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Stayed here for a conference at the convention center. The location is in the city, so very convenient to everything. We live in the country, so I was concerned about traffic noise, but they provide a very cool sound machine, which, turns out, I didn't need. Slept soundly on a comfortable (very high) bed and enjoyed the charm of the place. It is exactly what you'd expect of an old fashioned, Victorian type B and B, but with modern amenities. Plenty of parking.The hosts gave us great dining suggestions and were really helpful and very sweet and knowledgeable. A plus: it is next door to Pendery's, a famous spice shop that is fun to visit.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
lu_lu068, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thanks so much, coming from someone in the business, that means a lot! We certainly try to provide a stay for our guests like we would like to have (when we are able to travel). We are so fortunate to have a great city with so many things to do, and all so close to us. The convention center, Magnolia Avenue, the museums, walking trails and ice cream (I hope you had a chance to have some Melt ice cream)! If you are back in Cowtown, in the future, I hope we will see you again!