“Simple BBQ and one of the BEST!”

David's Old Fashioned Pit BBQ Restaurant
Ranked #97 of 148 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: We do Bar-B-Q the right way, old fashion slow cooked. You can get it by the plate or by the pound. We offer daily specials, sandwiches and side orders. Need custom Bar-B-Q, catering or a meeting room, we can do that too? Our hours are Sunday - Thursday 11:00am - 4:00pm and Friday & Saturday 11:00am - 9:00pm. Our BQ pit is located in the park, along with our main parking lot.
Reviewed 26 July 2016

My family all ordered the breakfast tacos and loved them. I had a chipped BBQ sandwich. The bun was toasted and the brisket perfectly chopped - NO FAT. Help yourself to the sauce, pickles, and pico. Simple service, simple but again some of the best BBQ I have ever eaten. Some folks try too hard but this place has it figured out simply smoke and good flavor! Looking forward to returning there.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Cranky Frank's was closed so our group of 11 went to Dave's after a long day of climbing on Enchanted Rock. The brisket was moist, the potato salad and beans a hit. The bbq sauce tasted too much like ketchup and service could have been better, but the guys enjoyed it, there was no wait, and everyone left full.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 22 May 2016

The place is not fancy, but it is clean has friendly staff and the food is good. The sauce is a little bit on the vinegary side, but not to much so. My wife and daughter had the brisket sandwich and I had the 1/2 BBQ Chicken, both were good. If you like Sweet Tea be careful. I don't know if they accidentally made the tea as sweet as it was or if that is the way they make it. I finally ended up mixing 50/50 Sweet and Unsweetened Tea to make it drinkable for me. Prices were fairly reasonable for a tourist town.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

I haven't tried the breakfast tacos but the BBQ is not real tasty. I would recommend the half chicken for lunch. Really nice owners!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 2 May 2016

When we are in Fredericksburg, a Saturday morning breakfast taco is our usual. I usually have a German sausage (spicy) with egg and cheese. With the fresh salsa, a very good and filling meal.

We were talking to a couple of locals who suggested we try a special BBQ sauce there. It is not out to see, but if you ask, they will give you a small cup of it with a serious warning that it is hot.

Put a little to my tongue - big mistake, it really is over the top of hot. But i liked the flavor, so i mixed a little in the traditional BBQ sauce, and that resulted in a Sauce worthy to be called Texan.

Oh yes, the brisket was done to perfection, the green beans very good, as well as the potato salad. Will get the hot sauce next time we visit, but i will mix it first!!

Date of visit: May 2016