“Unique Burgers”
Review of Gypsy Joynt

Gypsy Joynt
Ranked #18 of 330 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went for lunch on a Friday with another couple. Really funky little place. Pick up a menu at the door, pick a table and order at the counter when you’re ready. Great selection of soups, sandwiches and really unique burgers. Peanut Butter, Bacon Jam, Watermelon and Hot Sauce are just some of the choices. No taps but a nice selection of domestic and local craft cans and bottles. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went with 2 friends on a Wednesday evening for dinner. The menu had a great selection of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, and pizza. All 3 of us opted for pizza. We ordered different ones so we could share. One friend had the "Garbage" pizza - pepperoni/sausage/ham/bacon & a slew of veggies, the other friend ordered the Casanova - pepperoni/sausage/bacon with ricotta, garlic, & oregano and I ordered the Mr. Lierre....OMG! It had a pesto base with mozzarella, smoked ham, caramelized onions, roasted red peppers, fresh asparagus & goat cheese. We all loved them. I'm not usually one for ordinary meat/cheese pizza but the ones my friend's ordered were ELEVATED pizzas !! The pepperoni looked hand sliced and all toppings were generous. The marinara base was delicious and didn't sog out the crust. The crust was perfect - not too thin or too thick and just crispy enough. I don't even have the space to rave about how DIVINE the Mr. Lierre pizza is.....let me say this though - cold left overs for breakfast were every "bite" as good the next day. We were too full for dessert, but the dessert case looked delicious. I cannot wait to return and try out other menu items.
The decor was right up my alley - funky & bohemian chic. I loved it.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We had gone out to find a festival but hadn’t realized the dates had passed We meandered through several streets and ended up by the hospital. We both work healthcare and were amazed that a facility that size existed for such a smaller population. By this time it was lunch time and ended up by the cruise ship area. Being hungry we looked for the eateries nearest to us We passed on one or two after circling around a few times and Gypsy Joynt kept popping up. This place does not seem to be on the everyday traveled path so we were skeptical about going in. The outside appearance is not spectacular so that’s two strikes. I let my companion out to go in while I circled to find a parking spot. There were not many spots to parallel park near the restaurant so I’m thinking 3 strikes but she was already inside. I parked and walked back to the Gypsy. Upon entering there weren’t many tables and you order and find a table. We got closer to ordering and another guest said we made the right choice in coming there. She was there for the deserts and we for the lunch My companion had the all American burger and I had the Mr Yunioshi burger. We had fries and fried Brussels sprouts. I can say we both liked everything we ate. There was a definite unique flavor in what we ate and a very unique decor. After our trip was over and we returned home I had an invitation to return with a coupon for discounted food. It’s a definite on the return list. Maybe first stop

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Family operated with fresh foods. I had the Chrome Nunn salad with fresh tile fish from Katie's Seafood on the pier. The fish was prepared really well with a glaze and the rest of the makings were all fresh. We did not have to wait as we went at 11:30 before lunch. When done go over to Maceo's (across the street) and get some really fresh spices. Overall, I recommend Gypsy Joynt and I live on the Island.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

When I walked in immediately knew the word Joynt described the place to a tee. There was every type of decorative trinket on all the walls and hanging from the ceiling. When you adjust to the loud music and catch the vibe it is a genuine fun place. The menu has a lot of choices but I was hungry for a hamburger. I can honestly say, there were more different types of hamburgers on this menu than on any I'd ever seen. We were a party of three and after looking over the menu, two of us went traditional and ordered the All American and another member of our party tried the Mediterranean. The All-American had a large patty that was cooked medium and juicy, cheese, onions, greens, and the most delicious homemade pickles. The bun was toasted and was large enough you had to open wide to et a bite. Each bite was delicious, the meat was tender and moist, the greens were fresh, and again the homemade pickles were the best. My friend that got the Mediterranean said his had artichokes, kalmata olives, feta cheese, red peppers and a sauce that was different than anything he had tasted before. His final judgement was that eating the Mediterranean burger was a gastronomical experience. The burgers were served with your choice of potatoes. The only disappointment with the meal was that the sweet potato fries were not freshly done and were barely warm. Even with that small glitch it was still a fun visit and the hamburgers were delicious. The next time you want to spice up your dining while just having a good time give the Gypsy Joynt a try, I guarantee you it will be an experience you won't soon forget.