All reviewseasy access to the highwayfull size refrigeratorlaundry roomour night stayhot tubother hotelscruise portkitchenettegymseawalldishwasherlinensthermostatship
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Was there two weeks for work. Nice room, NO problems out of management. Not by the beach but does have a pool. Only a 5-10 minute drive to the beach. They were upgrading and painting. Didnt see any bugs or roaches. Little store there, didnt have much in it at first but was stocked later in the week. They change your linen once a week but if you expect them to change it every day you need to spend money for that type of service somewhere else. Its mainly an extended stay type place, mainly for worker and family type people.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2016

The staff was very friendly at check in and check out, but upon arriving at the hotel, the first thing you notice is the high security fence. It felt like pulling into a prison parking lot. The lobby was pretty messy and the rooms were not very sound-proofed.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us, and for writing a candid review. We are glad to know that you had a pleasant experience at check-in and check-out. We appreciate your kind words about the staff being friendly, and it surely keeps them motivated. We apologize, however, that you experienced some noise issues, and that you were not impressed with the security fence surrounding the hotel. We always strive to create a relaxing stay for our guests and we hope that you will visit us again so we can make that happen for you. We look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Right next to the beach, which was awesome! It was very clean, and well kept hotel. Staff was super nice, and friendly as well, they offered breakfast which was a plus. Amazing visit, and will for sure be back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

The rooms are suites with full kitchens and stocked full of basics needs if you want to cook a meal and prepare something. You have a stove, oven, microwave, toaster and anything else you you may need. The rooms are pretty clean but beware the rooms are not cleaned daily. You have to return your towels to the desk to get fresh ones. I was surprised about that. We thought our room would have been cleaned each day and so far for 3 days we had no maid services. I guess they clean the rooms one day per week. These is a mini convenience store located in the lobby with various items to purchase from food, snacks and even some health personal goods. The staff has been quite accommodating and very pleasant. If you are looking for a nice place to lay your head down in a a very central location on the island...I would definitely say you should stay here!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Loved our hotel room. Stayed for 3 days, 2 nights. big bathroom and big room, nice tv and full size fridge, but I guess it was too good to be true... on night 2, we saw a GIANT cockroach scurrying along the wall at night with the lights on (which makes me wonder where the other ones are) I don't know if this is normal for Galveston hotels but I am seriously freaked out. I don't know if I should talk to someone or not, but that's the only reason for 2 stars... otherwise very good. Very friendly staff.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear Rachel M,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your stay. We appreciated the time and effort you have taken to inform us of your experience. I am glad to read that you have regarded our staff to be friendly and loved our rooms. On the other hand, I was disappointed to read that you had a poor experience when you stayed at the hotel regarding the issue with the cockroach and this is not the usual high standard of guest experience that we offer. Please accept my apology on this issue. We have addressed the matter with the Executive Housekeeper in order to avoid these issues in the future.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Dianne L