“Seafood was excellent”
Review of Saltwater Grill

Saltwater Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltwater Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$25 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 21st Street
Description: The Saltwater Grill is located just steps away from The Grand 1894 Opera House. Featuring an array of tantalizing fresh-from-the-grill and fresh-from-the-kettle seafood specialties, Saltwater Grill is in a class of its own when it comes to quality and attention to detail.
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We made a reservation for 5 on a Thursday night at 5:30 pm. We were seated right away. We ordered 3 appetizers ( lobster spring rolls, fried pot stickers, breaded and shallow fried asparagus with crab) They were wonderful. Lobster spring rolls were the favorite) I want to go back and try the other appetizers next time. The portions were big.
My grandson got the Salmon. He would have liked it better with out the sauce on it. And we ordered plain white rice. That is usual for a child --just plain. But he ate the whole fish. Next time we will order. Just a hint for you parents.
I had Lobster Bisque (wonderful) as a meal. Husband had son-in-law had ponchatrain. Very good also. Daughter had coconut srimp. Shrimp was huge. Curry sauce was different.
Can't wait to go back next time we are in Galveston.
Service was excellent. They do have a happy hour but you must sit at the bar. Best of all you don't have to get all dressed up to go. Get there early fills up fast. Parked on street if not parking is $10.00

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are very glad you enjoyed the food and service, and we look forward to your next visit next time you're in Galveston.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Recently I had the pleasure of eating here for he first time based off a friends recommendation and I was not disappointed. The food is incredible and I will be back! Staff friendliness could use a little work though.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Hi Tracie, Thank you for the excellent review! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your food. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

My dish was a bit "fishy"/strong. Hardly any rice and no veggies. Wine was expensive. Tables too close together. Hubby enjoyed his food. Not the best in Galveston.

1  Thank Debby B

Thank you, Debby, for taking the time to submit a review and share your thoughts. While we're happy that your husband enjoyed his meal, we're disappointed to hear that yours was not to your liking. Please contact me with the day and time of your visit and we'll look into it further. Karla, karla@galvestonrestaurantgroup.com

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Saltwater Grill is a reasonable place to eat and they do have some great items on the menu. We try them on occasion if in Galveston and especially before the Theatre.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for sharing, Daniel. We appreciate your feedback and we hope we can raise your occasional visits to regular.If there is anything we can do, please let us know. Thanks.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

My girls and I booked a 9:15 PM reservation through Open Table at Saltwater Grill on Sunday February 18, 2018. We Ubered downtown, and on arrival at the restaurant noticed there were no other customers . The waiter was irratated. I told him we have reservations. He scowled and said, "yeah, well you here. We were about to close. We are waiting on you. We close at 9:00!" I apologized and said we booked through Open Table. He rolled his eyes. The kitchen staff was staring at us through the kitchen service opening. I said, well I guess we will go somewhere else. We are tourists and going by the information provided. The waiter said nothing, but AS WE WERE EXITING THE ENTIRE KITCHEN STAFF AND WAITER CLAPPED! We were mortified and embarrassed!
We went a block a way to a steak and sushi place who were more than happy to serve us even though we didn't have a reservation. The food was great and the service was welcome balm to the infliction from Saltwater Grill.

2  Thank Audrei G
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you, Audrei, for the feedback. We will certainly investigate. Your description of events is not at all what we have come to expect from our staff. We also plan on getting with Open Table. While our hours of operation are listed correctly you can, indeed, reserve a table outside of those hours. We will certainly get that corrected. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you'd like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to contact me directly, Karla - karla@galvestonrestaurantgroup.com