“Good food but all fried :/”

Shrimp & Stuff Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Shrimp 'N Stuff Restaurant opened in 1976 and quickly became known as "the place where the locals love to eat." In these past 38 years we have had many guests visiting our fine city from across the U.S. who tell us they wished they had found Shrimp 'N Stuff the first day they arrived and assured us they will be back several times before they leave Galveston.
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

The hubs and the 3 kids all loved their food. We ordered a shrimp kids meal, shrimp meal, sampler platter (that hubs and one teen shared) and I got the kids catfish meal. We 5 ate for $45.00
All the food was yummy but I would have liked a grilled tilapia option because I’m just tired all all the fried foods. But, all tasted good and boy was it packed! We had to bus our own table to find a place to sit and the line to order was very long. The staff was friendly and the family would all go again!

2  Thank Brenda E
Write a ReviewReviews (1,457)

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Visited Shrimp & Stuff with a family group today. Delicious food. I had the fried shrimp lunch special. Others had gumbo and chicken free steak. All were pleased with their food. Not fancy. Old school. Lots of locals. Recommended!

1  Thank miller227
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We ate here on Christmas Eve and the service and food were wonderful. I had the fried shrimp platter that had a large number of shrimp along with fries, coleslaw and incredible hush puppies. I could not finish my food. My husband had the combo which had catfish; oysters, shrimp and crab. A lot of food. Definitely a worthwhile restaurant.

1  Thank abbygail1041
Reviewed 20 December 2017

I haven't said much about Galveston even though I live here. There are a lot of restaurants in this town. Many are part of the Landry's chain and with a "price tag". I would rather get good seafood and not break the bank. Shrimp & Stuff has good fried shrimp, gumbo, and a great shrimp salad I love. There 2 locations. One on 39th Street and the other downtown. It's not fancy but who cares when you can enjoy the food.

1  Thank warrenroyer
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

This food was amazing and the price can’t be beat!!! Under $30 for two adults and there was so much food we couldn’t finish it. That much food at a chain restaurant would have been $60 or more. We will definitely be returning on our next trip to Galveston!

1  Thank katiefY769KS