“Great Family Place”

Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We visited and Megan was our "safari guide". She was very helpful with food suggestions. She was always there to make sure we were doing good and was quick with the service. My daughters loved the atmosphere which was a lot of fun, my wife and I enjoyed it as well.

It was sad that the ride was down, but we were only a few weeks after Hurricane Harvey so we can't complain about that.

They also have a build a bear which my 4 year old loved. She got her first one.

We would definetly return to this place again, and we recommend to anyone with kids visiting Galveston Island.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

The menu has gotten smaller and a lot more expensive since the last time I've been in a Rainforest Cafe. The staff was not as attentive as in the past and I do not know if was because of the hour, 2030, or because of the small crowd. Two of came in for dinner constantly had to ask to have our water glasses refilled, waitstaff kept dropping silver ware and other items on the table and floor. Didn't explain dishes fully when asked about ingredients sue to dietary restriction of one of us. My pasta was overcooked and gooey, the sausage did taste good.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

The food was good not very busy but we were here doing non-peak tourist season, the server was extremely attentive

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Food is not good at all. I have been several times (to different locations, Katy, Galveston, San Antonio) and they all have below-average food. The atmosphere is so much fun - but only once. Then, you're paying alot for not-so-great food. My children love it, so we go for them, but I would doubt I will be going back anytime soon. The Galveston location has a really fun boat ride that is a great price.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I recently visited this establishment. I ordered a dish that looked appealing by the description but it was extremely spicy. While I enjoy spicy meals this one (for me) was too spicy to enjoy and had my lips burning after the first couple bites. I changed my meal only to learn after I paid the check and left a sizable tip that I was not fully refunded for the spicy meal. I spoke with the waiter who was a very pleasant guy who directed me to the manager on duty. I asked the manager why I had not been refunded the total amount of the dish and he said "in instances like this" he would not be able to. I explain that I had never experience such at any restaurant to include Landry's properties and he stated he would not be able to refund me the total cost because there was nothing wrong with the dish. While he felt there was nothing wrong with the dish I was unable to eat it because it was overly spiced (and had only taken 2 bites out of it. I felt insulted and I will never visit this location again. I felt that because I am a black female this may have played a part as he continued to say "in this instance". I asked if this was the policy and if other customers had to adhere to the same "in this instance" policy but he did not answer. Think twice about this restaurant and if you do patronize them please don't get the spicy pasta dish is you're not really to endure the intense spiciness of the dish.