“Enjoyable happy hour ”

Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Good food and margaritas
Fajitas for 2 was huge! Whole beans were best we’ve ever had
My husband loved the happy hour margaritas so much we went back twice. Would definitely go back again

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Tried this place 4 years ago on the recommendation of a local and I really enjoyed the food. Came back and ordered a huge bag of to-go food for our balcony. Sunset and guacamole, added a good rum and it was perfect.
Good food, above average quantity, good price. Loved the fajita quesadillas and guacamole.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This is my FIRST negative review.
On Monday, June 11, 2018 we had a group of 12 teachers in Galveston attending a conference. After we finished eating, a male manager came to the table and said “ since we were finished eating we needed to leave, there were people waiting to be seated” He had a frown on his face and spoke with an ugly tone as his face was inches from mine! There was an empty table for 6-8 near ours. As we left we only saw a small party waiting to be seated. My family dines there every year, as well as other Galveston restaurants, and have to wait for a table with dozens of other people. We have never been asked to vacate a table anywhere, but what made it worse is HOW the manager handled it. We will NEVER dine there again and I will share our experience with many.

Nicholas S, Owner at Original Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

I am mortified....this is NOT how we treat our guests.....ever. I will have a talk with the server, the waiter, as well as the GM. I hope you WILL give us another chance, and I would love for it to be my treat should you accept. This is to show you that this is NOT our norm.

Please reach out to me personally should you need anything.

Nicholas
Info@theoriginalgalveston.com

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

This was super average Mexican food. A lot of cheese, almost on everything. The tamale was good but smothered in cheese. The mozzarella sticks that were part of the sampler were not cooked all the way through. Service was good and efficient. It wasn’t a terrible dining experience but I would not return here.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

We went for breakfast - had breakfast enchiladas and chorizo with eggs. Food was fresh and hot - Coffee was good. Service was great.