“Great Galveston Classic!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed this restaurant.
Lots of locals and tourists.
I had the fried fish sandwich and pecan pie!
People all around me had gumbo and one specifically talked about how she loved the flavor of their dark ruix.
I don’t eat sausage so I couldn’t try it.
Great server and great food!

1  Thank octoberhart
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Gumbo Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for your great review! We are always glad to hear that our customers have a great experience with us and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

First time visitor after reading some reviews. Imagine my surprise to wait 5 minutes at the bar prior to being greeted. It was 5:30 so I let it go. Ordered a margarita, only to find out they were out of mix because they aren’t popular. Seafood gumbo was set on the bar and finally another employee delivered it 5 minutes later. Waitress wasn’t tentative at all. Reconsider giving them another try, but not likely.

1  Thank Tony L
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Gumbo Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thanks for your review Tony. We are sorry to hear that our service was not up to our usual standards. We want our customers to enjoy their experience with us, and to make every guest feel comfortable by providing top-notch service. We will bring this to the attention of the appropriate staff. I hope you will consider giving us another try in the future.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

As i was told you can be called Big Daddy if you eat it all. This is one huge bowl of awesome gumbo.

I’m sorry i can’t remember our servers name but a tall blonde who was awesome. I would recommend anyone here in Galveston to try this place out

1  Thank Matt N
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Gumbo Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your gumbo. We hope you can come eat with us again soon!

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

The Gumbo Diner always has wonderful food and never disappoints. My husband had the special of Creole Jumbalaya and I had the Seafood Omelette. Both were delicious.

We usually drive from Lake Conroe to Galveston to enjoy their gumbo. We are visiting on the island for two weeks so we will be back next week for gumbo!

1  Thank lakelady924

Thank you for the review. We are very happy you enjoyed your food and are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 6 December 2017

On Seawall Booulevard across from the beach, a longtime favorite of ours, Great gumbo, huge portion, reasonably priced and expertly prepared, My wife had daily special of enchiladas - also huge portion at a reasonable price and she really liked it, A small place, quick seating, good service, reasonably priced,

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Gumbo Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you so much for the great review! We love hearing about our diners' experiences and are glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!