“A hidden treat...”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Looked up best breakfast tacos in Galveston and decided on Los Compas because it was close, on our way home and had good reviews. If you decide to go to this establishment, which you should, make sure you are looking for it because we drove right past it. I'm glad we turned around though. My wife had a breakfast burrito with eggs and potatoes and I had the Barbacoa breakfast burrito. They were both huge and delicious. They were so "tempature hot" we had to let yhem sit for 10 minutes. The staff was incredibly friendly and the place was filled with what certainly were locals. My suggestion is to get one burrito, split it, and order additional items off the menu to enjoy with the burrito. We will certainly be back next time we're in Galveston.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Do not go off of the OLD reviews. We noticed that all of the old reviews were negative so we gave it a chance.

We were so glad we did!! The place was packed but the staff is attentive and told us they had a table checking out and that they would have it cleand up in no time. Wewere seated shortly after. The waitress was there within minutes to take our drink orders and had chips and salsa with our drinks so fast we had just opened our menus. The food was ready in an appropriate amount of time and SO DELICIOUS! This place is better than any mexican or tex mex restaurant on the island if your familiar with Real Mexican food. The Gorditas and tortillas are a close second to my moms cooking!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We had breakfast before going fishing, the tortillas are handmade and freshly made, the breakfasts come in huge portions and they also sell Mexican sodas, prices are average for Galveston, clean place and decent customer service.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Stopped by for breakfast the other morning and really enjoyed this dive kinda place. Both of us had breakfast tacos - HUGE. The tortillas are home made and tasty. Very reasonably priced for the quality/quantity of the food. We stopped at a couple of other places for breakfast while on the island and they did not compare to Los Compas. I would return to this place over & over. I would like to try their lunch also.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

I went just after the lunch rush which I heard makes it crowded. They do not open for supper. I was greeted as soon as I entered. A waitress visited our table soon after to get our drink orders and give us menus. She brought out chips and salsa with the drinks and took our food orders. I ordered the entomatadas, which is 3 chicken enchiladas with a green sauce and rice and beans on either side. The chips and salsa were good, with the salsa a bit spicy, so a step up from mild. The waitress checked on us twice before the entrees arrived. So the service was very attentive. The entomatadas were full of good white meat chicken, spicy, and very good. I also tried a bite of the poblano chicken. It was equally good. A guest in my party was from Mexico and said all that good we ate was authentic.