All reviews full size fridge the holiday inn room was clean front desk comfortable recliner nice gym service road non smoking dishwasher kitchenette appliances pet blender towels gps outlets texas
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Perfect hotel on way to graduation. Austin was a zoo and Georgetown was just far enough away to be able to have a quality dinner, and a large, nice room to start our
big weekend. The staff listened to our needs, gave suggestions and were totally outstanding!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GTGeneralManager, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thank you for the kind words. We are delighted you had a nice stay. Congrats on the graduation and we hope to see you in the future! I will share this with the staff.

Dave B.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Place is great! Clean rooms and nice staff but last night over seven vehicles were broken into and General Manager said residents get no compensation! I had to pay over $300 out of pocket to get window fixed. I am staying there 30 nights due to selling house and not sure I want to go back if my truck is going to be hit again tonight or the next night! Manager originally offered some free nights but took that back after talking to the GM!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank abramsg1
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for a hotel around $100a night, you won't be disappointed.

The room was clean and spacious. It's extended stay so there isn't daily housekeeping. The full sized fridge was nice. I travel with quite a bit of food and there was room to spare.

There isn't breakfast included in the stay. There is a small shop with a very limited assortment of groceries. Being able to get a pint of ice cream at 830 without leaving the hotel was nice. They have a large selection of DVDs to lend out and there's DVD players in the rooms.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jlehmann
GTGeneralManager, Manager at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Thank you for your review! I hope to see you again soon and I will pass this review along to the staff!

Reviewed 4 November 2016

We were expecting a very important package that was overnighted to us the night we stayed. We were impressed with the staff because after we checked out they tracked us down with the phone number we left them so we could come back and pick it up. We were so relieved! I have only stayed at one other Candlewood but they are growing on me! Love the full size refrigerator and the dishwasher! Great price too!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2016

We stayed at the Candlewood for three nights. The room was clean and a bit small but it had kitchen facilities. It was surprisingly quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I have two complaints about the facility. Our room smelled like a Chinese restaurant. I like Chinese food but I didn't like smelling it every time we entered. Because of the kitchen facilities in the room, management should anticipate odors and develop a system for de-odorizing their rooms.

My biggest complaint though is the HVAC system. Our room had a thermostat with a built-in motion detector. I understand management not wanting to cool rooms when guests are not there but this system assumed we were not there when we were sleeping. We could set the thermostat to any temperature we wanted but we got 74 degrees when we were sleeping. It was too warm to get a really good night's sleep. When we would get up in the morning, the air conditioning would kick on and cool the room down.

This is Texas. It gets hot during the day and stays warm at night. Guests should be able to assume that the air conditioning will keep them comfortable at night.

Would I stay there again? I don't think so. I want to have a clean comfortable room which means that I can control the temperature. I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation. I understand management's desire to control costs but they are in business to give the customer the experience they expect. If they don't provide it, customers like me will go elsewhere.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Dear MN_Fernando,

Thank you for staying with us and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased that you found our rooms clean and staff friendly, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by our air conditioning system. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.