All reviews tent cabins twin beds watering hole behind the scenes ceiling fan next morning fossil rim my son pavilion dama cot giraffes fence waterhole compound flashlight ac
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Pros:
Cabins are like glamping, very clean and cozy.
Water pressure and temp were great.
Pitch black when the lights are out and not a sound can be heard at night.
Cabins overlook a waterhole for the animals.
Fence to separate cabins from animals for safety.
Breakfast gets the job done (Eggs, sausage, fruit salad, cinnamon apples, cereal and bars).
The cook was very attentive making sure we had enough and asked if he should make more.
All staff encountered with professional and knowledgeable.
Cabin site is like a small community.
No tv, but they let you check out board games from the lodge if needed.
Behind the scenes tour is AWESOME!!
They are non-profit
Their heart is totally for the animals. Even if it causes a disappointment for the people. Major respect for what they are doing.

Cons:
AC unit very frustrating to work. It would only "hold" our desired temperature till a certain time (no more than a couple of hours). Then it would raise to a very uncomfortable temperature. I found myself waking up several times during the night just to fight with it.
CABINS DON'T LOCK. Very big concern for us at first. My husband and I wondered if we were being set up. They don't lock unless you are inside. Beware the pin that you use to lock yourself inside can still be pushed out from the outside. So there is really no way of secure the cabin at any time. They suggest you keep your valuables locked in your car. But they also have you sign a contract stating they are not responsible for lost or stolen items. All contracts and paperwork was signed in pencil and we were not given a copy of any of it. This seems to be a norm since no pens were visible in the office. They know who is doing the behind the scenes tour and will be away from their belongings for more than 3 hours. We felt very set up. But in the end nothing happened.
Mattresses maybe uncomfortable for some. But they get the job done. A cot is also available if that is more suitable.
Bedding is minimal. One pillow, sheet and a thin blanket. But gets the job done.

Advise:
Take mosquito repellent, flash light and binoculars.
Don't loose any of the maps. You will need ALL of them.
Keep the front desk number with you. The cabin doesnt have it readily available. It's not available online. I left mine in my car by mistake which is why I ended up with a restless night filled with an AC fight.
Pack light so it's not a hassle to store everything in your car since the cabins don't lock.

Overall:
We loved the experience and will be back when our child is old enough to join (must be 7 or older to do the behind scenes tour).

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank thejennpotts
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Planned this for a brief Mom/Son summer getaway, and this did not disappoint. We drove in, did the self-driving tour through the park and saw/fed plenty of animals, and then we went over to the lodge and our cabin. We stayed in the Cheetah, and we were very pleased with the size, and comfort of this place. It was perfect for two, and the AC was great! The water pressure was awesome, and my son said it reminded him of a "Harry Potter tent". We had a delicious breakfast the next morning and then went on the "behind the scenes" tour. The highlight was most definitely feeding the giraffes. As we were leaving, my son asked if we could come again next year. I told him we would definitely plan on it! Everyone was super friendly, kind, willing to answer questions, and I can't say enough nice things. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Kacie K
2155FossilRim, Marketing Associate at Foothills Safari Camp at Fossil Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

That's awesome you guys enjoyed it so much! :)

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here one night, had a blast. Great breakfast in the morning, really neat seeing the animals when you wake up. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The cabins are small, very small. Do not pack more than you need, there's not room for much. We were able to fit our sons pack n play in the middle aisle for him to sleep, but it was almost impossible to move around. Keep the size in mind, but other than that, a great place to bring your family for a different kind of getaway.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2155FossilRim, Marketing Associate at Foothills Safari Camp at Fossil Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Glad you enjoyed it. Yep, a tricky fit for more than 2 people. :)

Reviewed 15 June 2017

What fun! to stay at the Foothills Safari Camp. Watched animals come into the watering hole. Ate a fabulous breakfast the next morning compliments of the overnight stay. Wonderful morning tour with very informative tour guide. If we could give more than 5 stars we would make it so.

Room Tip: We did not access the Wi-Fi. It was a trip to enjoy nature at its finest.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2155FossilRim, Marketing Associate at Foothills Safari Camp at Fossil Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thanks Madeline! I'll make sure all the relevant folks hear about your review! :)

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

This place was perfect for animal lovers of all ages! Cabin was super cozy for my son and I! AC was blasting, beds cozy, showers hot and an amazing view!!! The night sounds we're fun and interesting and the breakfast was hot and great!!! Perfect views of the watering hole, the land and sunset! My parents stayed in the cabin need to ours and loved it just as much!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2155FossilRim, Marketing Associate at Foothills Safari Camp at Fossil Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

We are glad we could help make this year's birthday great! Thanks for your feedback.