“Very pleasant”

Ranked #9 of 253 Restaurants in Grapevine
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Big Fish is in the center of the historic section of Grapevine. Very pleasant bar and grill. Large portions of well prepared food at very reasonable prices. Very good service. Well worth a trip.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We stopped in for a late dinner. Five people, had to wait for a little wjile as the place is very small and tight. All were happy with their selections. They serve very good sea food. I had a bowl of gumbo and hushpuppys. This was VERY good gumbo. Best I have had since NO,La. Good food.

1  Thank sunloverbud
Reviewed 30 December 2017

We're local, so when we're lookin' for a great lunch spot in downtown Grapevine, we go to Big Fish. Always welcomed with a smile, this is a cozy place whether for one or large group of friends. You can get a table or bar seating. Prompt, friendly service, you'll feel like family. They always have a few specials from starters to main courses and deserts. And plenty of whatever you order. Their fish tacos can't be beat, but I can normally only finish their half an order. But everything we've ordered tastes fresh and yummy. I need to try it for dinner sometime, for sure.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

I'm taking the whole family up to Grapevine, TX for a stay at the Gaylord Texan and Great Wolf Lodge for a few days just after Christmas. After checking in, just drove a few blocks on to Main Street and happened to find parking right in front of the Big Fish Seafood Grill & Bar ... so my wife said why question karma ... so we just walked in around 6 pm on Tuesday, Dec. 26th.

The place was relatively busy but there were a few open tables ... so our party of five got seated pretty much right away. I think there is two floors. We were on the main first floor, towards the very back on the slightly raised deck ... perfect for my 9 and 8 year old daughters and their kids menus.

Our waiter, Matt was very attentive even though it seemed like he was waiting on the majority of tables on this raised deck area. Amy ordered a frozen margarita - very tasty! While I had a glass of Resolver (beer from an Austin micro brew). Then we ordered all kinds of dishes:

I had the lobster ravioli. Amy ordered the lemon (something) salmon w/ rice pilaf and veggies. Maddie had the blackened shrimp Caesar Salad. All three were absolutely fantastic. The lobster ravioli was tremendous ... and that sauce was so divine that I used it on virtually every bite of other foods! A dip w/ the salmon. Another dip w/ the blackened shrimp. Also dumped a few bites of the rice pilaf into the last remaining pockets of sauce just to make sure I ate every drop!! Both the ravioli and salmon were on today's specials.

We also shared the wonderful New England Clam Chowder! It was packed with large pieces of clams and a good mix of every so tender potato cubes. The soup was creamy and thick! We also had a dozen peel and eat shrimp w real horseradish and cocktail sauce ... and these shrimp were very nicely sized!!

My 9 yr old ordered the chicken strips - which were very juicy and tender with waffle fries. She had two large cups of milk! My 8 yr old - sampled the chowder, salad, salmon and ravioli ... on top of which she ordered mini corn dogs with mashed potato!! These were not the standard kids menu food you'd get at other restaurants ... these were excellently prepared ... I know because I sampled all except for the corn dog ... and that's because they were all gone!

We ended our meal with the homemade bread pudding ... which came hot on a plate and was very good but intensely infused with cinnamon! It was a bit over-powering ... proving too much of a good thing can backfire. Go for the homemade Pecan Pie next time!

We highly recommend the Big Fish Seafood Grill & Bar ... maybe we were just lucky enough to find it on our first night ... but now that we have ... wanted to let all my TripAdvisor peeps know ... and for sure next time I'll be back to sample more of their extensive menu!!

Reviewed 24 December 2017

This restaurant is located in an older building in the downtown historic district. Despite the holiday crowds we quickly found parking in the public lot across the street about a block down. The atmosphere inside was warm and welcoming like coming home to your home town local favorite and the staff was friendly and efficient.

Our server recommended the seafood quesadillas as her personal favorite and they were amazing. So stuffed with delicious seafood it was bursting out and forced us to eat them with a fork. I had the salmon and my husband had the fried shrimp and catfish. Portions were substantial but we managed to make room for a little dessert.We really enjoyed our meal and will definitely be returning.