All reviews jacuzzi tub front desk nice breakfast every morning friendly shuttle driver choice hotels big bathroom free breakfast power outlets air conditioning the gaylord convention center highly recommend this hotel king room free shuttle service rooms are great spent nights holiday inn express the breakfast area
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

The room was great , the big bathroom plus jacuzzi is a very nice addition, good service, nice breakfast, the only downside was the Ac .
Good location, near the mall, bass pro shop, restaurants .
Was a very good experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Let me just start off by saying that I do not normally complain about things. I am not the type to sweat the small stuff. However, my experience at this hotel warrants a very important complaint that will most certainly be important to anyone considering a stay during the long hot Texas summer nights. My family and I visited this past Friday night after a trip to Six Flags. It had been a fun filled yet exhausting day which resulted in some minor sunburns. Upon arrival we were very impressed with the look of the hotel. Everything was clean and new and appealing. I kept saying “Comfort Suites are always nice.” It after all is one of the hotels on my very short lists of hotels I can depend on being nice and clean. The thing is, you don’t just book a hotel for “nice and clean” but most importantly because you want a good nights sleep. I had fully expected upon arrival that thats what I would get. Unbeknownst to me I would only get a solid 3 hours of sleep that night. All seemed well as we got in the bed until I heard the air conditioner kick off. I did not think much other than we must have forgotten to turn it down. So i got up and set the thermostat to 67. I got back into bed and could feel the room cooling down only to hear the air conditioner switch back off again a short time later. I got up once again to check the settings. Strangely the air kicked back on as soon as I headed across the room. I still hadn’t figured out what was happening. Things seemed to click for me within the next couple of visits to the thermostat. The air conditioner had a MOTION SENSOR. By the time i figured this out it was shortly after 1am. I had been trying to go to sleep for some 3 hours. The temp in the room had peaked at 78 degrees. I called down to the front desk to let the girl working know what I had discovered. She agreed that some of the rooms had motion sensors on the thermostats. She was not able to offer a solution as to how to make the AC stay on. I told her that it was a horrible idea to put something like that in a hotel room where people sleep therefore are motionless. (You cannot just wave your hand to make it come on you must get up and walk) After I hung up with her I was desperate to find a solution so that I could get some sleep. I ended up googling my problem and came across a youtube video on how to bypass the sensor feature for 24 hours on the thermostat. I was so happy to have found that! I tried it immediately and IT WORKED!! It was as simple as holding down the power button and the down arrow at the same time until “bp” appeared on the screen. The air never went off again but over half my night was already lost. I would like to urge this hotel to take this seriously as we are about to get into the hot summer months when temps in Texas soar into the 100’s during the day and barely cool below that at night. This type of air conditioning system is UNACCEPTABLE in this climate. You need to educate guests on how to disable the feature or have housekeeping do this prior to their arrival. This could have been a 5 star review but if you don’t have a room that can achieve comfort then you may as well not be a Comfort Suites.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Lacey L, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding Air Conditioning on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our entire team to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. Thank you for the insight on the bypass function as we can pass this information along in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Grapevine.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Nice room... Quite decent breakfast! Easy access to hotel, and close to all the things we wanted to visit... No road noise, staff was quick to take care of any requests... I noticed they have a shuttle, however we didn't use it... absolutely no complaints

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Lacey L, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I love that they have Shuttle service from DFW. It was great going and coming. Common areas of the hotel needed some attention in the areas of cleanliness and maintenance...trash and crumbs in hallways and lobby, the pool is outside and needed attention, there was brown water and a trashy smell near elevators in lobby and in hallway on 2nd floor.
But my biggest issue was the height of the beds. The platform base is about a foot tall, the box spring about a foot tall and the matteress was about 18 inches. The bed is about 3 feet tall. I'm only 5'1" with a knee issue. Getting in and out of bed was a challenge. So, if you are short, elderly or have an issue with climbing, then this is not the hotel for you. The bed is comfy once you get into it, but I spent 4 nights dealing with not being able to easily get in and out of bed and it resulted in some pain. I asked about a step or something when I arrived and nothing was available. I don't know what handicapped rooms were like, I did not ask for one, due to not wanting to take a spot from someone who was truly handicapped and not just short and older. For a younger or a tall person, it would be an ok hotel. The tub has tall sides too but there is a bar to hold on to. I did not have a spa tub but it was huge. They try to conserve and there is a card saying they will change out the towels every 3 days but there is no bar to hang the towels on. The shower curtain bar is way up there too. The cost of the room was very reasonable and cheaper than you would expect. It is close to lots of places to eat. The delivery apps have lots of restaurants to choose from. There is no restaurant in walking distance but many not too far to drive. The breakfast area is small and I think people taking food elsewhere to eat was a reason for the trash and crumbs in common areas.

Room Tip: Ask about the height of the bed.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Lacey L, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Thank you for your valued feedback. We would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations as we know how much of an inconvenience the tub & bed height can be . We will definitely take your feedback to help better serve you and others in the near future. We hope to better serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Staff was helpful, room/suite good size clean
reasonable value
easy location to get around area
was in Grapevine for a conference at the Grapevine Convention Center,
appreciated the cost savings staying here and the drive to the Convention center was easy

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Lacey L, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018