“Maybe the best quiche Ever! ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Antigua Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Harlingen
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Soups, sandwiches, salads, and quiche are all excellent at Antigua. For breakfast, I recommend the poblano and bacon quiche which is served with a fruit salad. Coffee is ground and made fresh and a variety of tasty homemade desserts are available. We would be regulars if the hours were extended. Open only Monday through Friday for breakfast and lunch. A unique gem in a sea of mediocre chains and family owned Mexican restaurants.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Can't say enough good things about this place. Cute, great food, even greater desserts. excellent service

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

I love the food they serve at Antigua. She has the best quiche I've ever had. Her menu is very different than the typical Tea Room fare in Harlingen. she has quinoa salad orzo salad delicious soup from scratch. of course the desserts are over-the-top fabulous. she uses the best ingredients you can find

Reviewed 27 January 2016

We went for a treat and we were both somewhat disappointed. The cheesecake was not at all out of this world, average at best and for the price an extremely small slice. I think it was called pina colada. Carrot cake was a more generous piece but still on the pricey side in our opinion and again it was average, nothing that wowed us. Doubt we would return, once was enough. The staff was resigned and not out of your way friendly nor were they rude, efficient but not warm as I would expect in this type setting.

1  Thank ldmsgirl
Reviewed 20 January 2016

Very clean, diverse café and bakery. Diverse menu involving cuban, french, mexican,asian, middle eastern and American fare. Open from Breakfast through Lunch 730am to 430pm. We had lunch which was perfectly prepared. My wife stated her chicken salad (was better than her own homemade) and my smoked turkey with chimichurra dressing was excellent. My sandwich was made with a seven seed bread roll that should be the pride of their bakery. Sandwich menu items come with a salad & cup of soup. Everything is made in house the selection is diverse and the quality was right on target. We seldom order dessert, but the baked goods were of such quality that we selected a dessert even though we were stuffed. They hit it out of the park mine was a a lemon lush and my wife had key lime coconut cake. If your in the area this is an unobtrusive gem. Thanks for steering us to Antigua TripAdvisor.