“Solo dinner”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Main
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Can’t speak for the sushi but I had the sashimi platter and it was ok but not spectacular. Went alone on a mid week night. No reservations needed. Started with seaweed salad which was a small portion but tasty. The miso clam soup was tasty and a larger portion than miso soup traditionally is. The fish wasn’t bad but I’ve just had better.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Just not impressed with this place. I have eaten here twice - once for sushi at dinner and another time for lunch and had noodles. Both times I have found that the food is just salty or flavorless. I am just not a fan.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

How did I miss that Azuma has the best happy hour in downtown Houston? Wine is $3 and rolls are $6-$9. The food was very tasty, the help was prompt and I am ready to go back!!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We had edamame, seaweed salad and sushi sashimi combo plate. Everything was very good and so was the service. I will go again.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Azuma is an easy 10-12 minute walk from the Marriott Marquis, and has really great sushi. We had a casual supper here our first night in Houston, and enjoyed the Sunshine roll, Cajun roll, Diver roll, and some delicious edamame and crispy tofu to start. Cindy, our waitress, was friendly and professional. Glad we took a chance on Azuma rather than dining in the hotel!

Date of visit: October 2017