“Lunch ”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Smith Street
Description: ...The opposite of a quiet, intimate sushi bar, the Blue Fish is enormous, loud, stylish and good. Where else can you find a signature roll called El Cubano? It's spicy pork, jalapeno, cilantro, Jalapeno pepper and carrots, with a sweet and spicy sauce. What's most refreshing here is that the menu is all Japanese -- no Thai food to confuse the palate. And to be honest, sushi purists will find plenty to keep them interested.Live specials such as Spanish mackarel, Sea Urchin, Live Hottate(scallop), Black Bass, mirugai (giant clam) and much more.Order the Ahi Tower to see just how well the kitchen can plate. It's tuna tartar and sesame oil over snow crab and avocado salad on a bed of wasabi infused rice. It's almost tragic to watch the server destroy this architectural marvel table-side to make it easier to eat. The "cake" portion of spicy tuna on crispy rice cakes in uzu and garlic sauce. It's delicious...
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

We ordered a sushi and roll bento box lunch specials. The food was excellent, service was okay. Waiter needs some practice in serving food. Restuarant was very busy.

MrJasonPark, Guest Relations Manager at The Blue Fish Bayou Place, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

My name is Jason Park and I am the Guest Relations Manager for The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurants. I want to personally thank you for sharing your experience with us. At The Blue Fish, we strive every day to provide the highest quality food and excellent customer service. We take it very seriously when one of our satisfied guests likes to share their positive experience and helps us continue to improve. A huge Texas thanks from all of us at The Blue Fish, and we hope to see you real soon! Sincerely, Jason

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Had to ask multiple people multiple times for just about everything. One item was prepared incorrectly and brought to the table three times (a simple salad no less!)! One person in our party got her dinner after we were all done...then, the wait staff couldn't wait to clear our table...even plates we were still eating from! Food was good but the service made the night annoying, embarrassing (since we suggested this place), and frustrating. We've been here before and never had an issue...assuming we just got a horrible server who didn't know how to manage her time and tables...regardless, we'll think twice before bringing a group here again.

MrJasonPark, Guest Relations Manager at The Blue Fish Bayou Place, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

The Blue Fish Restaurants would like to thank you for sharing your experience at The Blue Fish Bayou. I understand that your last visit to our establishment was less than perfect. My name is Mr. Park and I am Guest Relations Manager for The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurants. I have received an email from Trip Advisor and wanted to take a moment to reach out to you directly. We strive each and every day to provide the highest quality food and excellent customer service, and we take it to heart when one of our guests takes the time to share their experience so we can continue to improve.

If I can encourage you to give us another try, please respond with your MAILING ADDRESS and I will enclose a gift certificate for you to use on your next visit Please accept this as our token of our appreciation and thank you for allowing us another chance to provide you with the quality experience that we work hard to offer each of our guests.

Jason

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I have eaten sushi all around the world. But this place is fantastic, rolls are delicious and the service is excellent. Seat at the sushi bar and ask Chef Cruz what is the best, his two recommendations were by far the best!!!

The Dragon Eel Roll is out of this world, the best that I have ever eaten. And the Lobster Roll!!!

MrJasonPark, Guest Relations Manager at The Blue Fish Bayou Place, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

My name is Mr. Park and I am the Guest Relations Manager for The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurants. I want to personally thank you for sharing your experience with us. At The Blue Fish, we strive every day to provide the highest quality food and excellent customer service. We take it very seriously when one of our satisfied guests likes to share their positive experience and helps us continue to improve. A huge Texas thanks from all of us at The Blue Fish, and we hope to see you real soon! Sincerely, Mr. Park

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We arrived at 5pm on a Saturday to a restaurant with almost every table open. When advised we didn't have a reservation, they said they only had one table available and sat us next to a door that was constantly opened and closed (meaning it was HOT). While we were there, only two other tables arrived, neither of which had reservations, yet each of them were escorted to a better table. NONE of the 'reserved' tables were used during our entire visit. While the louisiana and calamari rolls were good, the fried calamari appetizer was chewy (ie overcooked). Our waiter was advised, yet he never brought it to the attention of the manager, and no one from the management staff ever moved around the restaurant to see how things were. We also had water glasses left not refilled. VERY disappointing.

Heather,

Jason

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Blue Fish has a nice selection of sushi rolls--ask waiter for help on selections. The bluefish roll is recommended, but there are many other nice choices available. The duck cigars as a starter are quite nice. The atmosphere is lively and outdoor seating is available for the cooler evenings. The wait staff did a nice job of teaming to get food and drinks to the table timely. The restaurant is in the theatre district, and offers a nice choice before shows (also let your waiter know you are making a showtime--they were happy to accommodate).

MrJasonPark, Guest Relations Manager at The Blue Fish Bayou Place, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

My name is Mr. Park and I am the Guest Relations Manager for The Blue Fish Japanese Restaurants. I want to personally thank you for sharing your experience with us. At The Blue Fish, we strive every day to provide the highest quality food and excellent customer service. We take it very seriously when one of our satisfied guests likes to share their positive experience and helps us continue to improve. A huge Texas thanks from all of us at The Blue Fish, and we hope to see you real soon! Sincerely, Jason