Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown
US$260
US$232
US$197
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$399
Preferred Hotels
US$289
  • Pool
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)
US$158
US$85
Omni Hotels
US$429
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskgrab and gohome away from homefull size fridgelaundry roombudget hotelhouston galleriathe general managerclean roomsbed was comfortablenice sizehouse keepingroyal sonestacoffee makerstaff was very friendly and helpfullocation is greatdefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

*This review is for the Galleria area Extended Stay America-Uptown at 2300 West Loop South. There is another Galleria area Extended Stay America just on the other side of the 610, address on Westheimer a couple of minutes away. It is likely also nice, but I am only familiar with the Uptown location.

The Extended Stay is prime if you are seeking the Location (walkable to Galleria Mall, Uptown business area, River Oaks shopping district with high end stores and restaurants, Equinox Gym, Ipic theatre, Whole Foods, San Felipe Rd, Post Oak Rd, Westheimer Rd, outdoor running) at a discount price (typically lowest price hotel in the area avg $70, steps between the Royal Sonesta and the Sheraton; if you will be staying longer than 60 days call their reservations phone number to get in the perks program which significantly reduces the rate). The hotel has basic amenities, daily grab n go breakfast of oatmeal, grits, muffins, nutrition bars, coffee tea (see photo), upon request pots pans coffee maker and coffee etc, refillable soaps tissue towels etc, laundry room uses quarters, tv including HBO1 and HBO2, full size fridge, microwave, and two top stove, large curtained closet/storage space, free easy on site parking, vending machine, no pool, no gym, etc. Rooms are clean and ready for slumber (see pics). No smoking indoors. Pets I believe are okay.
The people who work here in every department are super sweet and professional.
Erica, Deborah, Charles, Ricardo, Lani, Matt, Shawnye, Alba, Maritze, Trudy and the new individuals are all super and willing to help! Thanks!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Many thanks for taking time to review your stay at Extended Stay America. We are delighted to know you were overwhelmed not only with our outstanding hospitality and convenient location but also with the value we offer. We will shared your compliments with the entire team. Reviews such as yours mean a lot! Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great hotel and very friendly staff. Rooms are very spacious and affordable. By adding baggage assistance and an upgraded breakfast, this could easily become a five star location. Also need more trash cans.Keep God First!

Room Tip: Add baggage assistance and upgraded breakfast
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your nice feedback about Extended Stay America. We are glad to know you liked the attentive service provided by our associates and had a comfortable time with us. We hope to be your hotel of choice whenever you are back in this area.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Furniture is old. Towels are small and thin. Room is just ok to stay, nothing fancy, but definitely overpriced for the condition that was offered. Free breakfast is pretty much just a statement. The only bright side is close to downtown and free to park.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your review. We are happy to know you liked our location which was ideal for your needs, but we are sorry we missed meeting some of your expectations and regret the inconvenience caused. Your feedback about our grab-and-go breakfast has been shared with our Brand leaders to consider while planning the menu in the future. We hope the positive aspects of your visit will bring you and your family back for a much better experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked an Paid for a one night stay reservation at this property through Hotels.com. When I arrived at extended-stay Galleria and Check and I was not told anything about my reservation changing . They asked for credit card for incidentals and I gave them one for my one night stay . Two days after my check out this hotel charge me over $245. When I called her to ask the reason why they told me Hotels.com had canceled my reservation that I paid for and then proceeded to tell me I had logged on to the extended-stay website and what a room myself . Hotels.com has told me they did not cancel the reservation and I personally never went to the extended-stay website and Booked a room for myself I asked for a copy of the extended-stay website reservation that I allegedly made and I am still waiting for this

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to leave feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable, and we will take immediate action to identify why we failed so we can prevent these issues from occurring again. Please do not hesitate to contact our general manager directly if you would like to discuss this matter in more detail. Thank you for being our guest, and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went to stay at this hotel, for 3 nights. Was quiet, staff was quick and efficient in checking me and were ready to answer any questions I had. The location was ideal. Able to catch bus easily or have friends pick me. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Corbin, thank you for choosing Extended Stay America for your stay. We pride ourselves on 100% guest satisfaction, so we are thrilled this was your experience. Your compliments will be shared with the team to let them know their efforts were noticed. We appreciate you recommending us online and hope to welcome you back soon!