“Good lunch spot”

Cuisines: Deli
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 29 May 2015

If you are lucky enough to be on Travis and McKinney ,downtown Houston there is a Jason's Deli I frequent. It has that modern decor with black and white pictures to give it a contemporary feel. The are alot of earth tones to suggest a feeling of warmth. Now how much warmth you get depends on the customer service. I could tell by the tight lipped smile on the cashier's face I was being overzealous about the panini bread. Had I regressed to being an overbearing ,pretentious, wanna be food connoisseur?Was I acting like an ego maniac looking down her nose at this poor hard working schmo just trying to earn a decent living. I hope not. In their defense it was pretty early not yet 8 am

and there was that pesk lunch crowd to attend to later. There was also a brunette manager who was business like but approachable she even smiled at my corny joke.

If you go looking for this sandwich it doesn't exist on the menu. It's the contents of a veggie wrap

placed inside to a flaky, tender croissant which totally made up for the lack of panini bread. The egg was firm ,not mushy. The spinach gave it the right amount of crispyness I like, loved the color contrast and the musrooms gave it a subtle earthy note to it. I would definitely try to talk them into this again. If large groups of hungry,hurried business type folks don't bother you, then I would suggest coming back during lunch time they have a nice variety of soups as well.

(Review by travelnista4real)

Reviewed 17 May 2015

As with everything in Houston, the service was excellent! I got free ice cream while I waited for my sandwich. I needed a quick bite to take back to my hotel room in Downtown Houston. And as I sat in the take-out waiting area writing email and checking messages, the cashier who rang up my food also brought it out to me because she noticed I didn't hear her call my name. That's excellent customer service. But unfortunately it's the nicest thing I have to say about the place.

The food seemed a bit too experimental for me. I had a pulled pork sandwich with pepper jam and sweet onions on multigrain bread. It was completely inedible. The sweet tea was Lipton with a lot of sugar, not much effort put into it. There were other restaurants in the area open. I made the mistake of getting lunch after 2pm. So I also give them credit for staying open when most other lunch places were closed.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

Jason's deli has a great selection of Salads, Sandwiches, Soups to chose from. All freshly made to order, and you can have endless Salad from the Salad bar.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

I have lunch at Jason's at least once a week in downtown. It's always busy, but never keeps me longer than necessary. I had lunch there today and thought I've never given it a review. So hear it goes! Their salad bar is always clean and stocked with fresh veggies and dressings along with those wonderful, soft and tasty muffins. The "Maverick" has always been my favorite. It's no longer on the menu, but because I keep asking, they keep making! I'm sure others have asked for it as well. It's a great roast beef wrap with red and green peppers, grilled onions and melted provolone cheese with a side of au ju sauce. Free ice cream for dessert! Yay!! Ice Cream + Free = Happy

1  Thank Lorena D
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Was in a hurry and needed to grab a quick bite to eat not in the tunnel system in downtown Houston. Good food, frendly staff and not too expensive.

1  Thank GoneFishing