My husband and I stayed here for two nights on a recent visit to Houston during Spring Break. We live about an hour away, so we've stayed in many a Houston hotel. This one is nice and new and in a great location. It's a two or three minute walk to Metro Rail station, and very convenient for checking out the downtown tunnels on weekdays. I recommend parking in the Greenstreet garage instead of valet parking. We initially parked with valet, then moved our car. We were then charged for both nights of valet parking mistakenly, but they removed the charge once we explained for the second time. Not a big deal, overall.
Rooms were clean and updated, but I was disappointed that ours didn't have a microwave. I have lots of dietary restrictions and often heat up meals from the grocery store in our room when we travel. I used the one downstairs. We did have a mini-fridge. The king-sized bed was super comfortable, and it was also very quiet. A nice place overall, but I think I'll try the Springhill Suites right next door for our next downtown stay. They have complimentary breakfast and microwaves in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old-style luxury and state-of-the-art technology converge at the recently-updated Courtyard Houston Downtown hotel just a 10-minute walk from the George R. Brown Convention Center. A true stand-out among downtown Houston hotels for our historical ambiance housed in the 1921 Humble Oil Building's neo-classical exterior with newly-renovated rooms equipped with modern amenities. Guests enjoy in-room perks such as free WiFi and HDTVs. The gem of our historic building is our renovated Presidential Suite. Originally the office to the Humble Oil CEO, we've updated this stunning suite with stylish furnishings while keeping the original marble fireplace. The highlight of our lobby experience is The Bistro. Eat. Drink. Connect., Which offers guests food and beverage selections in the morning and new dinner service. Our downtown Houston hotel is within walking distance or a free shuttle ride to Minute Maid Park, Convention Center and Toyota Center. A short ride on the Metro Light Rail takes you to NRG Park and the Museum District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Houston Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston Downtown Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Downtown
- Houston Marriott
- Houston Courtyard