Lowest prices for your stay
US$84
Free cancellation until 08/08/21
CrownePlaza.com
US$84
Free cancellation until 08/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$104
US$71
Free cancellation until 07/08/21
Expedia.comUS$84
Hotels.comUS$84
TraveluroUS$104
All reviews front desk nice hotel easy access houston galleria breakfast buffet sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2020

so booked 3 rooms for my kiddos graduation at Houston University....I thought it odd when I checked in no welcome points or no email being this particular stay will make me spire elite member....my wife had lost her key and was told at front desk they were out of keys? Who is out of keys....was told would be up to open door....finally after 20 or so minutes waiting called front desk and asked when someone would be up to let us in room? Her response was i have been up to let you on 2 times and I was not there...a lie...my mother in law finally went down and came back up and was new key did not work....my mother in law said she was very rude....I went down and politely asked her to reset the key to which she stated I did and it was working....after trying to reset key 4 or 5 times she mumbled something to me and I asked her what was that and she said she would be up when she can...I told her that was unacceptable we've been wating for close too 40minutes now that's when all hell broke lose between us as she's telling security if they see me again to throw my ass out...and I will have your ass kicked out....she has no business working as customer service at a front desk....she was extremely rude to others checking in also...then on my checkout I asked for a late checkout and was informed 12...I asked for 2 and was told I was not a member when in fact im your highest member now....then I was informed I must of booked thru a 3rd party with I did not....these people working at this crowne plaza are crazy and rud....worst experience ever at any ihg location...

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank moosky12
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2020

Hello moosky12,

Thank you so much for your elaborated review. I have notified our management about your concerns with our staff at the front desk. We are going to do everything we can to prevent this from happening again in the future. We always strive to provide a comfortable and stress-free stay for all our guests, and I want to apologize for the issues you encountered.

Please, let me congratulate you on your awesome IHG Rewards Spire Elite membership and show you my gratitude for choosing our establishment for your stay. I have sent you a PM to discuss this a bit further. Hopefully, we'll get another chance to show you we can do better.

Take care in the meantime!

Alejandro G.

Reviewed 4 August 2020

The room had a really musty smell, like an old house that had been shut up for months. The hotel is about 4 miles from the Galleria, so I don't know why they have Galleria in the name. There are at least 2 Crowne Plazas closer to the Galleria. The restaurant, bar, and pool are shut down due to Covid. No good restaurants close to the hotel, just some fast food.

Date of stay: July 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2020

Hi popuplily,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about how your stay was at our hotel.

We offer a seamless hotel experience to all of our guests. I’m sorry we were not able to achieve our goal on this day due to the proximity of our property to Galleria, hotel aroma situation, and temporarily closed hotel features.

I have forwarded your comments to the hotel management for inspection purposes. I’m sure the steps taken by the relevant team will help improve the guest satisfaction on your next visit.

As we continuously work on surpassing expectations and prove to be a delight, we hope you will make our hotel your home away from home again.

Best,

Zel N.

Reviewed 20 July 2020 via mobile

The Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria is a standard hotel near the Interstates. It was fine, but was not really anything special. There are meeting rooms and you have easy access to the interstates. Staff were pleasant overall.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank PerksAdvisor_NYC
Reviewed 10 March 2020

There were a lot of mixed reviews for this hotel, but I decided to stay here as it was close to my family in Houston. I can report that the staff was accommodating, friendly and professional. My room was quiet (yes I requested a quiet room on the back side of the hotel) and absolutely spotless. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the linens were high quality. The in-room a/c unit worked perfectly. I did pay the extra charge for the breakfast buffet and the selections were fresh and varied. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

Reserved 1Br DD Suite. That I got. High floor, quiet area as requested. Parking is free self park. Nice lot. Check in and out smooth. Did not use restaurant, bar, pool or exercise facility. Can't rate.
Hotel rather old in appearance. Our suite had some challenges. First noticed AC thermostat on bedroom wall not working. Reported to desk next morning and upon return it was fixed. Also reported missing bathroom sink stopper missing along with virtually no water pressure. Stopper installed but still no water pressure. Pressure in shower just fine. Next day noticed thermostat on wall in living room not working or synced to AC unit under window. Reported. It was never fixed. Would fine it turned off each morning. I am sure the Amana motion detector did that. On second night turned heat in living room to 68°to keep it from turning on. Sometime during night the heat turned on and never turned off. At 4am I noticed it getting warmer in BR. Got up went into living room and it must have been 90°. Wall thermostat was off. I had to turn off HVAC in LR. Reported it. Don't believe it was fixed. Continued having ac and heat issues until checkout in that room. TV in living room had no signal on most channels. Thought it was due to poor weather until I turned on TV in bedroom and it worked fine. Engineering came to suite and replaced cable from by TV to wall. This fixed issue. Later we noticed that everytime HVAC cut on in either room TVs would lose signal for a split second.
I found lightning in bathroom too dark over sink. Toilet did not always flush correctly. Red, yes red, wallpaper seam peeling back behind toilet.
Bathroom counter good height for people 6" or taller. This is a big deal with me.
Suite was cleaned each day and was nicely done.
Throw pillows on sofa in living room have reached their life expectancy.
Keurig coffee maker, microwave and frig a good plus but expected in a suite.
Hallways nicely lighted with clean carpet on floor 6.
Elevators seemed slow at times an we walked down one morning.
Not my best stay at this Crowne Plaza.
Will choose a different IHG hotel next time hopefully with better luck.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2020

Hello laughliveenjoy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Here at the Crowne Plaza we want our guests to be recharged and inspired during and after their stay, unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case. I apologize that the air conditioning unit and the television connection did not function consistently and bathroom amenities seemed to be worn out and damaged. Hotel Management has taken note of your concerns and has forwarded it to our maintenance team. Despite this, we are happy to know that our front desk and housekeeping staff provided efficient and courteous service.

As we strive to continuously achieve high-quality standards, deliver guest satisfaction and serve traveler's needs, your comments are instrumental and valued. We hope to host your party in the future should you give us another chance to be your hotel of choice.

Best regards.