“Best Local Sandwich ”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: University Place
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Neighborhood standard near Rice University and the vast Houston Medical Center. If your tired of the restaurant atmosphere and would enjoy a great lunch, Picnic is you place.
Fresh and fun

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Nothing fancy about this place. Got a picnic-style sandwich. It was made fresh and fast. Only issue I had was seemed kind of small for the price I paid. Other than that, the food was quality and fresh.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Great place to relax and have a great sandwich with a pretty damn good cookie. The simple cuisine, makes choosing your meal a breeze. Great bread makes a great sandwich filled with quality meats.

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Went here for a coffee with my wife. She ordered a cappuccino and I ordered an espresso. My wife's drink was almost all milk with almost no foam and my espresso was like watered down diner coffee because he didn't tamp the grounds. I went to get a drip coffee instead and it was cold. Also the tables at the otherwise empty shop were all left sticky and messy while the guy behind the counter played on his phone. Long story short, this place resembles a McDonalds with way worse but more expensive coffee.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

We discovered this little place on our way to the MFAH and popped in for lunch. When we arrived it wasn't very busy and we were able to order and receive our lunches quickly. The soup was excellent and both sandwiches (veggie & tuna salad) were very good-- the bread is baked in house and is very well done. I think the only surprise was that my grilled veggies with goat cheese on baguette were cold. After the initial surprise-- I was quite pleased with my choice. Their iced teas are also very flavorful. You can order lunches to go-- including boxed lunches. You can also buy loaves of bread and sweetbreads too. Staff is very friendly. Several families with small children were enjoying lunch there too.