“Good sandwiches and also carry out.”

Antone's Famous Po' Boys
Ranked #970 of 8,633 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 18 March 2015

This was very close to the Hampton Inn and great for a light, quick meal. The food was prepared after you placed your order so was fresh and hot or cold as appropriate. Clean and friendly service.

Reviewed 20 February 2015

IT was yummy no compliments. Give it a try. Service was quick and fast. My Boss gets the Tuna at least twice a week. I haven't tried it yet. My other co worker gets the gumbo now that did smell good

Reviewed 18 January 2015

I often go to the Antone's on West T.C. Jester for a relaxing lunch, but had to be near Galleria, so tried this Antone's. I later found there are only two locations owned by this particular individual [TC Jester & San Felipe]. This is an important point.

I was on line to get my favorite egg salad sandwich (egg salad made daily, feta crumbles, lettuce, tomato & salad dressing) on a hot, freshly baked Ciabatta roll. This is as good as it gets.

I got on line and the guy behind me says "you should really try the soup of the day - it's awesome. I said, meh, I don't eat shellfish". He was nice and I said "and you sir should try the egg salad - it's the best in town". He laughed and said, thank you so much, I love hearing that. I was puzzled and then he said "I own the place". So the owner actually waits on line and seemed to relish his lunch.

The place, as is the T.C. Jester location, is spotless, fresh, friendly, helpful, staff and excellent food at a very reasonable price. BTW the tuna, deviled eggs, greek salad, falafel and all wonderful as well. But I have a hard time not getting the egg salad and feta ... it's a melange of taste perfectly created. Life should always be so simple and robust.

1  Thank s g
Reviewed 11 December 2014

We just moved to this part of town, and was excited to try this place. My husband could live off sammiches. This will def be our main go to place. Excellent food, good prices, decent atmosphere and a broad menu. We will be back, and hey how smart were they right beside Starbucks.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I loved the seafood chowder. I can't wait to go back and try the po' boys! Nice small shop with wonderful food!!