“Taste of Texas -- Wow...just WOW”

Taste of Texas Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9,028 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$22 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Taste of Texas never fails to impress. From the ambience in the restaurant to the absolutely incredible salad bar to the main course....just WOW.... We'll definitely be back!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,356)

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We had a nice family gathering in this restaurant & it the food was great!

I love the service, food, buffet, and generally everything!

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

This was our last meal in Texas and we fancied a steak, so looked at the reviews on TA and went along to sample the cuisine.
It didn’t disappoint, the food the staff and the surroundings were all first class and I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending this restaurant.
Thank you JJ and all the behind the scenes guys.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This place was so awesome! My mom and I had a 9 hour layover in Houston on our way back home to Vegas from Costa Rica. I looked on trip advisor to see highly rated steak houses and so we decided to give this place a try. Initially, I was a little worried whether this place was worth taking a 30 mile Lyft drive from Bush International Airport. Let me just say that the answer to that question is YES! It was totally worth the drive and Lyft costs! We were a little embarrassed because we arrived with our carry-on luggage. The staff was so friendly and invited us in and offered to hold our luggage at the front so that we would be more comfortable while we dined. In fact, they were so flattered that we came all that way that they treated us to jalapeño poppers and Quail appetizers. The salad bar was so fresh and delicious. If that wasn’t amazing enough, they take each customer back into the butcher shop so that she can select her own cut of meat. I got the herb butter added to my steak and I can honestly say that this was actually the best steak I have ever eaten in my life, which is saying a lot coming from a girl originally from Texas, who loves her steak. If that wasn’t enough, when the staff learned that it was my birthday earlier that week, they insisted to treat me again to any dessert I wished and took a pic of us after singing happy birthday to me. For dessert, I selected the pecan cake with cinnamon and vanilla ice cream, it was sooooooo amazingly good. To top it off, they gave us these adorable souvenir boot glasses to take home with us. I have to say that this place offered platinum customer service which made me feel like I was platinum myself. Thank you Taste of Texas for such an amazing and unforgettable experience.

2  Thank stacieb154
Reviewed 9 August 2018

I've now eaten at Taste of Texas 3 times - all 3 at lunch, so I can't speak to their dinner ambience. And before heading there for the third time, I actually looked at the restaurant's website to ascertain the hours, and lo and behold I discovered two fascinating facts for which I had previously been unaware: (1) you have the opportunity to actually go into the kitchen and pick out your own piece of steak that you want cooked (my 10 year old loved this!), and (2) the restaurant boasts an impressive array of Texas artifacts. All 3 visits I ordered a piece of meat and the salad bar. They have a very impressive and very large salad bar, so salad lovers will not be disappointed. Their desserts are quite large, so keep that in mind when ordering. But all were delicious, and we've sampled at least 5 of them now. Our steaks/chicken have always been cooked to order and the wait staff has consistently provided professional yet friendly service. Great place to take visitors to Houston who love to eat steak!