“Good breakfast food, Great pies, 7 am - 11 pm”

House of Pies Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 184 Dessert in Houston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Great Uptown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Shrimp omlet was pretty good. Spinach, cheese, and shrimp were in 3 seperate lumps - so it was like eating 3 seperate omlets.

Bacon was super well done and super crispy - not very appetizing.

Pie selection is great.

Nice service.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (129)

Reviewed 10 May 2021 via mobile

The selection of pies and freshness will not disappoint- hence the name.

Great breakfast stop as well. Huge selection and perfect execution. Nice bacon crisp but not overdone. Everything is homemade from scratch.

Great coffee. Lovely flavor.

Five star service and goo prices.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 2 March 2020

I deliver for Uber Eats and was delighted when I saw House of Pies as my target ! They have the best 24 hour comfort food and PIES in my area and I was always wondering why I was delivering from their competition which is not as good. Joseph and Ariana completed the order and made my client happy - joseph went the extra mile and gave advice and suggestions which I will follow. I am looking forward to delivering to more House of Pies clients - as I and my family have been for decades !

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 1 March 2020

Not been here in a few years but a friend told me they serve a mean fish & fries, similar to a British tradition. Well I persuaded two friends to join me and I have to say I was very disappointed. This is absolutely nothing like a British dish. If anything, I would only serve this to kids.

There was no way of telling what fish was actually served, the server had no idea. The fish tasted like a mashed up end of line fish. I look forward to anyone who can tell me what fish it was. As for the fries, standard frozen fare that you can buy anywhere, like Walmart, Kroger, etc.

The batter was bland, and the fish was not a fish as such, rather it was strips of emulsified fish. Think of chicken strips.

We all had the soup, which was minced beef with mushrooms, looked like they were from the tin. However I enjoyed the soup more than the fish dish.

Having said that, the place is very popular and many are regulars. Sadly, I won't be in a rush to return except for the pies. The last time I had a breakfast here, an omelet as I recall, was five years ago, I wasn't overly impressed then either. Sorry.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 23 February 2020 via mobile

Breakfast and desserts are where it's at here. The food is good, but the dessert and breakfast make this 24 hour spot a delight

Date of visit: February 2020