All reviewsuptown parkristorante cavourleading hotels of the worldjunior suitewalk in closetromantic getawaybeautiful hotelgalleria areabeautiful poolpool areafavorite hotelseparate bedroomfull kitchensmall kitchenroom serviceluxury hotelhome away from home
Reviewed 20 February 2017

I have stayed here before with a less favorable experience. I was glad I tried it once more. The staff us friendly and professional. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The TV in the bedroom did not work but that was not important nor worth calling down to the front desk to remedy. This time the staff did not insist upon helping us with our two pieces of luggage and that was greatly appreciated. The gentlemen serving the bar during Thursday night's happy hour were attentive without being overly so. If you plan to use the hotel's town car service, do be sure to confirm these arrangements on the day of travel; I had to make alternative arrangements at the last minute to be picked up from MD Anderson to get to the hotel. Thankfully prior town car arrangements from the hotel back to MD Anderson the next morning went smoothly. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience this time.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Spacious rooms, nice bathrooms, very professional and accommodating staff, great service and a very upscale oriented hotel, which is always appreciated. Well located with nearby shops and services, yet there are two things I didnt like, first is the marble/ceramic/terracota tiles in the rooms, it's cold on the feet and despite giving you the true feel of a countryside italian palazzo, i dont feel like i have to keep my socks or the slippers on all the time I am in my room, its not that big of a deal, but I shouldnt have to omit that detail. The second is someone please explain the medieval armors in the lobby :) once again minor but it really looks out of place - oh and could you add a light in the cupboards, please? All of this put aside, I had a good time at the granduca and would consider it again for a future stay.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

In a World of big modern hotels where you could be in any city without knowing where you are, the Hotel Granduca stands out like an Oasis - it's in Texas too... It's only 11 years new but built in the style of a Spanish villa it conveys a sense of old world charm and history with the decor and furnishings. The location is great for shopping and dining. The rooms are very generous with a seperate lounge area, kitchen and dining (slightly dated), and a decent sized bathroom. The beds are really comfortable and the shower excellent. There's a lovely pool area where you easily spend the day chilling. Service is superb with some nice touches including slippers by the bed in the evening with turndown, and a Maserati to take you anywhere up to 3 miles. Cracked buttons on my shirt were replaced without request and charge. And I have to call out Hector on the door who was super friendly and helpful. I only ate there for breakfast but I hear from locals that the Sunday lunch is a favourite. I could live here!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I'm not sure what we were expecting; the reviews were so glowing that perhaps we were all built up for something amazing which instead was nice but not over the top. The staff was pretty good although it took us a long time to get someone to wait on us for lunch (outdoor seating) - we had to ask twice for someone to get us menus and then had to go find someone to take our order. The rooms are a little dated but the thing that made us laugh a bit was the $28 per day valet parking which was right out front in their parking lot. We would ask for our car which we could see and easily have gotten ourselves, the valet would hustle over and grab the car and then we'd shell out a tip on top of it. Pretty funny but could be annoying to some people. Beware...

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Had a great stay at hotel Granduca, it is nice to stay somewhere that isn't all modern and sterile. Staff were excellent and the junior suite was roomy and spotless. Loved the shower! They have a shuttle service in a 3 mile radius which is awesome as it's a Maserati!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends