“Hidden Jem”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Neighbourhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Neighbourhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed 12 March 2015 via mobile

Turquoise grill is on the ground floor of a big office building and probably does a lot of business during lunch, however, I took my girl for dinner. We had the place completely to our selves. Not a sole. Waitress was (as you can imagine) quite attentive. We looked over the Turkish menu and ordered. The food was spectacular!!.. what?.. yes!.. the hummus was simple and flavorful, the vegan options were delicious, and my chicken dish was cooked perfectly... it was served with some kind of sauce that blew me away... when I asked what it was... i was told... "it is our special sauce"... i don't really care what was in it... i'm going back!

2  Thank Edmund P

Reviewed 23 November 2014

I had driven or walked by this restaurant many times and always thought it was just one of those "office building lunch delis" except I kept seeing it pop up in other restaurant reviews. One day I thought I'd try it for lunch- such a great surprise!! The owner was a very welcoming man who encouraged us to sample the daily special- some sort of bean dish that was very tasty. The food was very good. The owner's 80 year old mother was cooking on site. I will be back!

Reviewed 17 November 2014

The Kirby Drive location of the Turquoise Grill is a bit hidden, actually on a side street but in the same 3701 Kirby building. Staff are very friendly, offering suggestions for meals and drinks, and service is quick. The menu selections are varied, including hot and cold appetizers (the Aegean feta is excellent), and there is enough variety to satisfy most diners. I had the mahti, a bowl of stuffed tortellini is a flavorful sauce, and my companion had the lamb shank with yellow rice, which was also excellent (I sampled). Diners should note that the Kirby Drive location is fairly small, with maybe a dozen or so tables, and has the feel of a cafe rather than a restaurant, which is fine if that's what you are looking for. Tables started to fill quickly between 6:30 and 7pm on a Saturday night, so if you are in a hurry, dining earlier might help.

Reviewed 14 September 2014

A hidden gem in the bottom of an office/medical building. The owner is hands on and his staff is friendly and helpful. Many regulars keep this place in business. Very fresh and food is made to order. A friend had their lamb chops and they looked (and smelled) wonderful. Go with friends and share the food for a fun dining experience. Very casual.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Went there with two of my friends. It is quite relaxed. Service is very good. Sultan kebab is my favorite plate there.
We had Iftar during Ramadan and surprisingly they had a four course menu for it.
We loved it.