“Run down”

Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South
Ranked #47 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I did sleep well because the bed and pillows are comfortable. Although they appeared to be trying to clean the carpet, it was old and wrinkled.Water damage on the wall next to my tub. Soiled chair made me sit on the bed. I used the stairs during my stay. Several trips, there were dirt chunks from someones shoes. Another trip, the floor was very sticky. The maids were friendly, but front desk help was short, no eye contact.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

On behalf of the entire staff at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed them with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
Atrium Hotel and Suites

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed overnight to get a connecting flight out of DFW. The price was very reasonable for a hotel so close to the airport. The biggest surprise was the food. It was good and it was inexpensive. The room was clean and the bathroom looked like it had just been retiled. The people who worked there, from the counter personnel to the bar and restaurant wait staff were very helpful and friendly. The only bad thing was the shuttle service which serves several hotels and takes forever to pick up at the airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, we thank you for your kind words. We strive towards the highest level of guest satisfaction and compliments from our guests tells us we are doing a great job and motivates us to do even better.
We are thrilled to read that all the members of our team took great care of you, and you got good value for your price.
With regards to the shuttle, we want you to know that for a short period we were experimenting with outsourcing the transportation. This was purely with the intention of improving the services, but when we saw that that was not happening, we did away with those services and are now back to our own.
We hope when you come back and see us again, you will see the difference.
Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers and we look forward to seeing you again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed here for business. Nice hotel, clean and comfortable suite. Great pillows. The bed is an "adjustable bed" I would have enjoyed my sleep better had I been able to adjust it. I loved the fact that the suites are really two rooms seperated by doors and kitchen area. The only downfall is the loud noise from the air running in the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, I thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our large two room suite, and the nice clean comfortable beds.
We aim at the highest level of guest satisfaction and compliments from our guests, motivate us to do even better.
We look forward to seeing you back again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I recently stayed here just for one night and took advantage of the free parking and airport shuttle service while on a vacation to the Northeast.
The hotel was very clean, modern, everything worked and they had an above average complimentary breakfast buffet. The airport shuttle services several hotels in addition to the Atrium so pick up and delivery from DFW can take a little longer than some park n fly hotels.
I would recommend this hotel and will stay again when I need park n fly from DFW.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

On behalf of everyone here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, I thank for your kind words. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased that you found our shuttle service convenient and had a comfortable stay. We strive for the highest level of customer satisfaction and compliments from our guests motivate us to do better and better.
We thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers and look forward to seeing you back again when travel brings you to the Dallas area.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I call from Beaumont and ask if they have a shuttle from the airport and you would have thought I asked the dumbest question in the world. They tell me to call when I get to Dallas for the shuttle. So, I call when I get to Dallas...and call...and call. No answer. Finally a half hour later the front desk picks up the phone and ...yep...puts me on hold. When I talk to the front desk (finally) they are upset because I am not on the "shuttle log". Now, I'm upset. I tell her to get the shuttle over immediately to terminal "B". 25 minutes later, the shuttle shows up and takes me to the hotel. Now, all the way I'm thinking they will probably put me in the worst room in the hotel because I was upset. Guess what? Right by the ice machine, not the King room I reserved. I insist on getting the King room and away from the ice machine. No King rooms left (they gave away my room). They give me room 217 and I haul the luggage back up there. Guess what? The key doesn't work. I haul the luggage back to the front desk and they re-key the room. Haul the luggage back up...AGAIN. Now, I'm usually a good natured guy, but no apology, no embarrasment. No NOTHING.That is what is really irritating me. At the top of the list for worst customer service ever, and I have stayed in some dives. Awful...awful...awful. Don't stay here. Oops...room service just showed up, they brought me the wrong meal. Why am I not surprised.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Powell55

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, I apologize for the less than satisfactory stay at our hotel. I am extremely sorry about all the issues mentioned and I have addressed each of them with the concerned departments. We assure you we will take every step to ensure this does not happen again.
We hope you visit us again, and give us another chance to make it right.
Gerneral Manager