“Below our expectation”

Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We booked Atrium Hotel using Groupon. The picture that were provide to Groupon looked good and we thought that we were getting a good deal for an awesome hotel but the picture were deceptive. When we got their the hotel didn't live up to our expectation. Rooms were big and nice but there were some cockroach poop near the window. Initially, we thought there were only few of them but when we opened the curtain we found more. In the room, one of the ceiling panel was missing as well. Overall, I would say this hotel is terrible and I would not recommend this hotel until they do some significant upgrades.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nishant P
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

On behalf of the entire hotel, I apologize for this incident. I am surprised and will certainly speak to my cleaning crew. We pride ourselves on our large clean rooms, and our cleaning crew works hard to turn out spotlessly clean rooms. And a ceiling panel missing? I am really sorry. We would certainly not rent a room with a missing tile. Just wondering if you had brought it to the notice of the front desk. We would have taken care of it immediately. It is so unlike my staff to rent a room that way. I apologize and will take every step to see it does not happen again.
I truly appreciate the feedback as it helps me fine tune operations at the hotel and offer better services to our guests.
I hope you visit us again for a whole new different experience.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

McKayla always goes above and beyond with her service ! From the moment you walk in she welcomes you with a huge smile and warmth attitude ! I love staying here because of her. Also housekeeping makes sure the rooms are impeccable .

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, I thank you for sharing your amazing experience with fellow travelers. We strive for the highest level of guest satisfaction and our goal is to deliver clean room with great service at affordable prices. We pride ourselves on our large clean rooms and great location, just minutes away from the DFW International Airport.
We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay and our staff took such great care of you.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I usually do not write reviews but this hotel was surprising and I was recommended to write about this by a guest who observed this. I stayed many times as it was okay enough to stay. I got insect bites twice at this hotel. First time was nothing serious but second time, I was bit while I was asleep and had to go to an urgent care. One of the Atrium staff pretty much said it's not her problem, she has other things to do and she asked me to go look for a different hotel so her business will run smoothly. No apologies or anything but to give $10 back and looked for reasons to be out of the situation. She also mentioned just like you get bites at grocery stores and they don't take care of you...
Very sad after staying for a long time, when something happens, they don't want to take responsibilities. I hope they treated the room and no more guests need to get bites like mine.
Until this kind of thing happens, the hotel was nice enough to sleep.

Photo is above the sink.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

I apologize for your experience. It surprises us that even after two such experiences, someone would wish to stay with us again and again. You came back, wanted to extend your stay and had several future stays reserved with us. We thought it was in your best interest to find another place for a more comfortable stay. We want our guests to be happy with their stay. And if for some reason, a guest is not satisfied, but still wants to continue to stay with us, we have to make decisions in the best mutual interests.
We are sorry if the decision upset you, but we feel that in the long run it would prove beneficial for both of us.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

This hotel has a insect problem. I was bit by an insect or spider and had to seek medical treatment. When I brought this serious issue up to management, they dismissed the claim that it happened at Atrium but I hadn't gone anywhere else. I had all my future reservations cancelled with no explanation and only a $10 discount given. I have stayed here plenty of times (20+) within the last twelve months but when a problem comes up they will apparently get rid of you.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Ookami

I think the review was duplicated in error, so the response would be the same.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Don't know if you like this type of bed or not. It depends if you get the number right. All rooms have these beds, doesn't matter if it's Queen or King beds. Pool is great. Bar at center. Everything is reasonably driving distance away 10 -15 minutes.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank pparmen
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We have both sleep number and non sleep number beds in the hotel. And you can state your preference during the time of making reservation (if booking directly with us) or even call before you check in or request at the time of check in. Most of the times, we are able to comply with your request.
We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the pool, the bar and the great location. We are conveniently located just minutes away from the DFW International Airport and have all kinds of restaurants and shopping options around us. Our 24 hour complimentary shuttle runs to the airport as well as local areas within a 3 mile radius.
We look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Sally Naidu

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
0.7 km away
1 km away
Best Western Irving Inn & Suites at DFW Airport
9.4 km away
Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites

Been to Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South? Share your experiences!