All reviews loft style cool hotel industrial feel front desk rain shower pool area awesome hotel hotel bar bed was very comfortable las colinas dallas area business trip business hotel dfw airport concrete hip warehouse
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Great place to stay on for a weekend trip to Irving. Clean rooms, great pool and friendly staff. They offer complimentary shuttle service. We brought the party and enjoyed our stay. The rates are great.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Cory_Randolph, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Russell R, thank you for bringing the party to NYLO and I hope you enjoyed the "rock star like" environment. We've received many great reviews mentioning how well accommodating the hotel is for a couples weekend get-a-way or for even couples weekday retreats. My team was very pleased to hear your kind words and I am glad learn you found the complimentary shuttle service that drives with-in a 5 mile radius of the hotel beneficial.

Thank you for your review and would love to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I stayed here unexpectedly when my flight from DFW to Peru was canceled. The room was awesome. Very modern, funky, just my style. I wish I'd had time to use the pool but spent most of the day trying to rearrange my trip to South America. The hotel had a computer area where I was able to print out all my new docs at not cost. Hotel bar area is also cool & has a pool table. Restaurants within walking distance and takes about 15 min. or less to get to DFW airport

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

bucks17, I'm sorry to hear your original flight to Peru was cancelled but I seriously hope you made it there safe and enjoyed your time in South America (Machu Picchu this time of year is gorgeous). There are many hotels surrounding the airport to chose from and that's awesome we were a perfect fit for you. The descriptions of NYLO are spot on and one more word I've found to describe the hotel is industrial-chic! We'll be here for you next time.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Not the best place to stay, my room seemed like someone was staying in it when I checked in, reading glasses on the desk missing towels, room seemed dirty. Then the shower drain was clogged and wouldn't drain, I know you are in Texas and in July it is hot but the room never cooled off. If you are going to have a hotel with pipes exposed then you should make sure they don't look rusty and leaking. They did comp my first night which was nice but, not a place I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Jtaylor6513,

Forgive my slight delay in responding to your email, as it has been a week since you posted. First I want to thank you for choosing NYLO Las Colinas but it hurts that you did not receive the same high level of service previous guests before you have bragged about. There is no excuse for the strange items found in your room upon arrival and the HVAC failing during your stay. My team is proactively replacing the in-room HVAC units and have already replaced the unit in the room in question. Again, I sincerely apologize for these shortcoming and happy my team responded with the fair compensation.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We stayed 3 nights after arriving from our flight from Australia. We chose this hotel as we arrived at DFW and our next flight was out of DLF, so we wanted a hotel in between. Check in was quick and staff were very friendly. Room was as expected, as per photos on website, I would agree with previous review there is not a lot of room for your luggage, nor hanging space for long items. Wifi was a bit slow at times, but we are on holidays, so take the opportunity not to be on our devices all the time!! Pool area was so relaxing, we ate, drank and swam most of our stay! The staff at the bar: Kenneth, Tierra and Kirsten were very friendly and provided great service during our stay. The bar does have happy hour as well :). The hotel has another area that has a pool table and books/games, which is nice if you want to take some time out. I actually grabbed a tea one morning and sat on the lounge and read a book for an hour or so (as it was raining outside), very relaxing. There are a couple of restaurants across the road and also and In/Out Burger within walking distance. We will definitely stay again when flying into DFW!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello jaylea,

Thank you so much for the 5-star review and what a matching title!!! I appreciate all the great facts you've noted, especially about the great location from both Dallas Fort-Worth International Airport and Dallas Love Field Airport, and about the staff. My team truly cares about crafting magical experiences for our guests and I'm ecstatic Kenneth, Tierra, and Kirsten took special care of you during yours. They make it easy to come to work every day!

I hope your travels find it back to NYLO Las Colinas in the near future and we'll always leave the light on for you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2018

I had stayed at the NYLO Irving / Las Colinas while in town for business. Check in was very slow as the individual working the front desk seemed to take quite some time booking the short line of people at the counter.

The rooms of the hotel are concrete walls and floors, with accents like carpets tapestries to dress the rooms up. The room I was in had several lamps, but even with them on, the room just was dark.

The room was a good size, as was the bathroom. Air conditioning worked well. The beds were comfortable and shower pressure was decent, but the head leaked all over.

The lid from my toilet was off when I came to the room, and I noticed that the toilet handle stuck, so if i forgot to lift after flushing, it would run constantly.

Internet was very slow and dropped quite a bit, which made it difficult to work when I was there.

I noticed a fair amount of concrete dust in the room as well. After doing yoga in my room, i noticed that my feet picked up a lot of dust from the floor and tracked it to the mat.

I used the restaurant on 2 evenings. The first was for drinks. Sitting at the bar, which wasn't busy, the bar staff was more attentive to cleaning and tasks at the bar than customers, I had to get someone's attention for service. The experience was the same on the patio - servers would just walk by and not make eye contact, even though you sat at a table with no food or drinks on it.

Breakfast was decent, with a buffet of baked goods fruit, eggs, potatoes and a rotating warm dish which varied. Coffee and creamer were empty on both breakfast visits and I had to notify staff to fill them.

The location is decent, with plenty of options for shopping, food and drink in the area.

I would not visit again, as this isn't my style of hotel, the concrete room and dark lighting just made the room feel like a cell. Also, service could be a lot better, from making the check in process quicker, to getting the restaurant staff to be more attentive.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank BergholzTimelord

Dear BergholzTimelord,

Thank you for your recent review and thank you for highlighting a few great features of our guest rooms and location. We love having so many restaurants and stores surrounding the hotel. I apologize for the various gaps in service that you experienced. Rest assured, I have addressed the details you have outlined with my corresponding team in an effort to correct these issues moving forward. If your travels bring you back to the Irving area, please make sure to contact me via the e-mail below.

crandolph@nylohotels.com