All reviews separate shower front desk shuttle service next morning close to the airport airport hotel free breakfast sofa bed stayed here for one night dfw north free shuttle an early morning flight rental car beds were comfortable yogurt the breakfast area an upgrade
Reviewed 17 July 2018

My main requirement for a hotel is that it is clean. What follows is my own personal opinion and I accept no responsibility or liability for this opinion, since I'm entitled to my opinion (in short, don't sue me). Unfortunately, I give this hotel a generous two stars for cleanliness, mainly because at least the sheets were clean as far as I could tell. But the elevator carpet was un-vacuumed, the hallway carpet had stains (see photo below), there were holes in the walls of my room (see photo), half the room-number-plates were paper (photo), and the bottom of the bathtub was marred with undefinable gunk (no photo, you have to take my word for it). To minimize my contact with anything, I slept without my top sheet, did not take my shoes off, sponge bathed (with my shoes on) and got the heck out of there as fast as I could the next morning. I will (honestly) probably sleep in my car before I sleep here again.

Room Tip: I would not stay here again ever
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Jorge V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Rob M,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express DFW North. We strive to make sure every guest receives a great night’s sleep and amazing customer service. It is sad to hear that we were unable to accomplish this during your stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences that our current renovations have cause, along with the cleanliness of the bathtub. We can assure you that this is not the norm, and hope that when your travel bring you back to the DFW area you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves and show you we can do better.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is under renovations so I will give it some latitude with dirty elevators and messy hallways. Check in was efficient and room was clean although the bed was very comfortable the air conditioning unit was so loud you need earplugs to sleep - between that and the airplanes the noise was over 80 decibels (and I measured!). So if you’re a light sleeper but the place got you. Our room was sparsely furnished so was big but hollow - assume more furniture is to come? Breakfast was good with clean big area to eat. Pool looked nice but didn’t use.
There are very few restaurants nearby and really nothing within walking distance.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear 2muchtravel2013,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit at the Holiday Inn Express DFW North. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the air conditioning being too loud. Unfortunately the airplanes are a bit loud when landing, we will make sure to place you on a different side during your next visit. We are excited about our renovation almost being completed. Thank you for the nice comments about the breakfast area and our pool. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

I stayed here for a night layover flight from Dallas. I am an IHG rewards member so I stay at many of their properties. This is NOT your typical Holiday Inn Express. Thing more like Motel 6 but triple the rate. The hotel is under renovation, but there is no signage to direct you to your room around the construction area. You have to figure it out on your own. The pool was open, but the furniture was put away and you could dig through the pile to pull a chair out if you want. Like many folks, I have to do some work from the room. Good luck with that since the WiFi is so slow you can't even load Google! This property does not belong in the IHG portfolio and corporate should be ashamed to even list this place. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Todd B

Dear Todd B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express DFW North. We strive to make sure every guest stay is a memorable with a great night’s sleep and outstanding customer service. We are saddened to hear that we have failed to meet these expectations. Please accept our sincere apology about not having proper signage around, and the pool furniture not being placed back properly after pool was re-opened. We have since upgraded all of our Wi-Fi system. We are eager to finish our renovation and hope that when your travels bring you back to Dallas, you will give us another opportunity to show you we can do better.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I stay at Holiday Inn Express quite a bit as I travel for work but hadn't stayed in Irving before. I usually am happy with the chain and so I was here.

No problem parking on any day I was here. Lobby and rooms are convenient. I was greeted with a construction sign when I came in but the only time I really noticed was taking the back elevator and all it was was some dust.

My favorite part was my initial greeting, a very kind and warm one. The room was nice and spacious with a mini kitchen. The only real opportunity was no vending machines and the hospitality desk didn't have much. But breakfast was solid (same as every Express) every morning and the staff was always kind and friendly.

I do recommend this place if you are in the area, and it is right next to DFW airport so you probably will be in the area if you travel!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear frodolives11954,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We are overwhelmed with joy to hear that your stay was very memorable. We strive to make sure all guest expectations are meet even under our renovation. We have recently upgraded our pantry to be filled with a larger variety of snacks. We thank you for all of the great comments and cannot wait for you to come back and visit us.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 1 night because it was close to DFW airport. The hotel was going through a complete renovation at the time but that work stops at night so not to disturb the guests. However, it you arrive late as we did, parking can be a problem as construction equipment takes up several parking spaces. Our room was very comfortable and we had a suite due to us being 4 adults and 2 small kids. I think you can leave your vehicle there if you are flying somewhere but don’t know the cost. Once the renovation is complete this will be a very nice and comfortable hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Dana W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express DFW North. We strive to make sure every guest receives a great night's sleep and amazing customer service. I am thrilled to hear that we meet these expectations during your stay. We are thrilled for our renovation and cannot wait for it to be completed. Thank you for the great comments about our suites and we are glad we could accommodate your family. We hope to see you soon.