“Wow, loved it!”

Italian Cafe
Ranked #17 of 639 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: Italian Cafe is your local family restaurant specializing in fresh, authentic Italian cuisine. For a taste of Italy, visit Italian Cafe
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I left my hotel for a walk, in search of a salad for a late lunch that didn't cost $30. I happened upon this place and decided to get a salad to go. I ordered the Italian salad w/chicken and no tomato. I waited about 10 minutes so had time to look over the menu. I was their during the lunch food menu...it was vast, several chicken dishes, lots of pasta dishes and sandwiches. Now, to my salad. When I arrived back to my room and opened the bag I was pleasantly surprised to see a fully piece of grilled chicken breast on top of the greens. The chicken tasted great mixed in with the Romano cheese, onion and olives! The dressing was a simple oil & vinegar. It also came with a large piece of garlic bread. I don't eat bread so can't weigh in on that but it was warm and smelled yummy. I would definitely recommend!!!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Italian Cafe has excellent pizza! Everything is good. My son had pepperoni and I had very good linguini clams white and salad. We will be back! Owner is super friendly.
All the staff was cordial.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

They serve bottled Guinness which is our favorite. First time we ordered the tortellini pesto, Italian salad and a calzone to go. Delicious! The pizza is large slices and filling. Working with my food allergies was not a problem. Good service. It's not a quick place to eat, but a sit and enjoy. They are fairly busy, constantly. Next day, we ordered antipasto salad, italian salad and tortellini soup. Wow that soup was filling and SO tasty! We ordered too much food both times. So the amount is large. It's a local place with regulars where a group gathered to watch a game. It wasn't rowdy, but enjoyable. The bread is fabulous! Fresh made. Vegetarian options, too.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

This place is pretty popular and probably because it offers quick and cheap food. However, I did not enjoy the pizza since it was too bready and dry. The sauce was too liquid and the cheese was not tasty. Will not go back.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for a quick bite. The food was great but the service was extremely slow. We had to track down the waitress to even pay. I would definitely try it again.

Been to Italian Cafe? Share your experiences!