“Try the Bento Box Dinners”

Hanasho Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 638 Restaurants in Irving
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 13 April 2015

This place is located in a strip mall and is very nondescript, however, the food was amazing. Everyone at our table had either a bento box dinner with sushi or just sushi and no one had any complaints. I will definitely be going back the next time I'm in town!

Reviewed 13 April 2015

This is a whole in the wall place, but the food is amazing! Had the bento box dinner with sushi and it was perfect. The portions and size were great. Others at our table had lots of sushi, and no one had any complaints. I'd definitely go back to this place!

Reviewed 6 March 2015

My wife and I visited Hanasho during a trip to Dallas, and chose this restaurant on a whim. We were not disappointed. First, the staff is exceptionally friendly, which is typically Japanese. I am a huge sushi fan (sashimi actually), but my wife prefers the tamer fare. My wife ordered the Chicken Teriyaki and was very pleased with her choice. I debated between selecting my al a cart favorites and ordering the Chirashi, and settled on the former. I started with the oshinko (Japanese style pickled vegetables), and then dined on Saba (mackerel), Ika (squid), Ama Ebi (raw sweet shrimp with fried head), Ikura (salmon roe topped with quail egg), and Unagi (freshwater eel). The portion sizes were nice and the prices extremely reasonable considering the quality and the fact that Dallas is a larger city. Hanasho is not one of those flashy, designer roll joints, but rather a traditional Japanese restaurant. If you think Shoguns or Hibachi are authentic Japanese, you are wrong and should go there instead. Hanasho was on par in atmosphere and food quality with much pricier restaurants in St. Louis and Kansas City. Don't be put-off by the location (in a strip mall in a so-so area); what awaits you inside is worth it!

1  Thank Travis R
Reviewed 3 March 2015 via mobile

This is a nice place to go, simple design inside but perfect one in your plate. In addition of it, the service is just like you were in Japan! I love it.

Reviewed 10 January 2015

This is by far the best sushi I have ever eaten. I refuse to go anywhere else! My go-to choice is the $1.50 salmon sushi that they offer on Friday nights, but the entire menu is delicious. The menu is also incredibly diverse, so there's something for everyone (even the non-sushi lovers). For those that are willing to take chances, Suzuki will treat you to a dish of his own selection, guaranteed to be both beautiful and delicious! I highly recommend Hanasho for a great night out.

1  Thank Kaitlin D

Been to Hanasho Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!