All reviewsmy wife and ishirleysuitetourhostbreakfastanniversary
Reviewed 24 March 2016

A.maze.ing. Every detail is thoughtful and inviting. The room was spotless and graciously appointed. The sheets had to be a million thread count. The pillows and mattress were comfy. We stayed in the Epperson suite, but got to peek into the Presidential Suite and they were both spacious and nice.

The grounds are beautiful. The house is like a jewel box time capsule. You can just sit on the porch and relax for hours. Sadie, resident cool cat, might even join you. We learned tons about Jefferson and Texas on the tour (which is free with your room, or can be scheduled and paid for if you have to stay elsewhere). The guest rooms are in the carriage house, not the main house. At first I was disappointed by this, but it's really the best of both worlds. You enjoy the main house, but stay with the modern luxuries like a full Jacuzzi tub in your room!

The hostess/chef/cook/artist/manager, Shirley is a tiny ball of energy and information. She's really sort of amazing - which is appropriate for this place! We had terrific sweet treats each afternoon and breakfasts worthy of a really fancy, expensive restaurant. Every bite of fruit and the tomatoes were perfectly ripe and fresh. The french toast was melt in your mouth cinnamon-y goodness. The sausage and cheese quiche was quite literally the best quiche I have ever eaten.

When you add in the food and tour and sheer relaxation factors, I think it was less of a splurge for our anniversary than a sensible gift to each other!!

Room Tip: Only stairs for the top two rooms, so ask for a bottom room if you can't do stairs. Otherwise, get a top floor room for the lovely view!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2016

We had a fabulous getaway weekend! Quiet, relaxing and luxurious. From the beautiful gardens to the delicious breakfast our weekend gave us a time away from the busyness of everyday life. Shirley is an amazing woman, gardener, cook and tour guide! We truly felt like guests in her home.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

My husband and I had never been to a bed and breakfast before and I have always wanted to visit Jefferson. The House of the Seasons was amazing! Shirley, the owner made us feel so at home from the moment we arrived! She goes above and beyond! We were greeted with a plate of delicious cookies as she showed us around our room. The room had a stocked refrigerator, snacks, and bath salts for the jacuzzi. The bed was incredibly comfortable; we slept very well. The 3 course, gourmet breakfast Shirley made was amazing! I only wish I had more room in my stomach. The house itself is very lovely and has several pieces original to the house. We were given a tour after breakfast which was very informative not only about the house, but about the history of Jefferson as well. We were so excited to be able to go into the cupola which has 4 different colors of glass to represent the four seasons. Our stay was very relaxing and we could not have asked for a better hostess. We can't wait to come back!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2015

If you've never stayed at a B&B, this one will spoil you. Beautiful room and furnishings, romantic surroundings, and privacy. What more could you ask for? How about a first-rate breakfast, and a great little town to explore? Top it off with a unique and world-class hostess. We WILL be back!

Room Tip: There's only four rooms to choose from, and you can't go wrong. Go during the week for special prices.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

Shirley is an amazing hostess, accommodations were awesome and food was delicious. The property is gorgeous and the grounds are breathtaking. We will be back next year. I may even come back before our girls trip. My favorite b&b. Carol, Debbie, Tina and Chris

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family