Free cancellation until 22/07
US$99
US$96
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

US$99
Delta Street Inn(Jefferson)
Hotels.com
Chez Lafayette(Jefferson)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsbeautiful groundsfruit yogurtquichemy husband and ivisit jeffersongourmet breakfastcookiesat homeshirleycupolasuitetourlandscapinghostesshistoryrefrigeratortx
Reviewed 16 November 2016

My wife and I chose House of the Seasons for a midweek getaway. The house was beautiful, gardens were pristine and breakfast was delicious. We drove all around town to see all of the other B&B's just in case we want to come again. There is no question that The House of the Seasons is the most elegant historic home in Jefferson and it sits on a huge lot that is beautifully landscaped and immaculately maintained. I can't compare the rooms or breakfasts for all the other properties, but as far as the exterior and curb appeal, The House of the Seasons is clearly the #1 property in all of Jefferson. So glad we stayed here.

We stayed in The Presidential suite for two nights. The guest rooms are not in the main house but in the carriage house out back. The room was huge and the bed was comfortable. The US presidential memorabilia that decorated the walls was a bit quirky. For the size of the room, the bathroom was a bit small. If I have one criticism, it is that I would have liked the guest room to better reflect the Victorian elegance of the main house. When staying at a historic Hotel or B&B, I want to feel as if I have traveled back to a simpler time, in this case, to the romantic Victorian era where I can relax and escape from a hectic schedule back in the city. So, I wish there was as much attention to detail in the interior design of the guest suites as there is in the main house and the exterior landscape. Even with that small criticism, this was a wonderful place to stay.

Our host and Hotel general manager, Shirley, was very welcoming and bubbles over with personality. It was nice getting to know her and to hear all about the history of this beautiful historic home.

So, if your travels take you near Jefferson, TX or you want a nice getaway from the city, The House of the Seasons is a great choice. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

My friend and I came here for a girls weekend getaway and fell in love with the place. The breakfast was incredible and out hostess/chef Shirley was delightful. The manicured grounds are absolutely gorgeous and fun to explore. I can't wait to plan my next trip here.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2016

Location was very close to everything, grocery stores, restaurants, clubs. Charming hostess, with great private rooms, with your own bathroom and hot tub. Main house historic and grounds very well kept up. Worth a visit and walk around the property.

Room Tip: All rooms delightful and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank mexico1965
Reviewed 24 March 2016

A.maze.ing. Every detail is thoughtful and inviting. The room was spotless and graciously appointed. The sheets had to be a million thread count. The pillows and mattress were comfy. We stayed in the Epperson suite, but got to peek into the Presidential Suite and they were both spacious and nice.

The grounds are beautiful. The house is like a jewel box time capsule. You can just sit on the porch and relax for hours. Sadie, resident cool cat, might even join you. We learned tons about Jefferson and Texas on the tour (which is free with your room, or can be scheduled and paid for if you have to stay elsewhere). The guest rooms are in the carriage house, not the main house. At first I was disappointed by this, but it's really the best of both worlds. You enjoy the main house, but stay with the modern luxuries like a full Jacuzzi tub in your room!

The hostess/chef/cook/artist/manager, Shirley is a tiny ball of energy and information. She's really sort of amazing - which is appropriate for this place! We had terrific sweet treats each afternoon and breakfasts worthy of a really fancy, expensive restaurant. Every bite of fruit and the tomatoes were perfectly ripe and fresh. The french toast was melt in your mouth cinnamon-y goodness. The sausage and cheese quiche was quite literally the best quiche I have ever eaten.

When you add in the food and tour and sheer relaxation factors, I think it was less of a splurge for our anniversary than a sensible gift to each other!!

Room Tip: Only stairs for the top two rooms, so ask for a bottom room if you can't do stairs. Otherwise, get a top floor room for the lovely view!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2016

We had a fabulous getaway weekend! Quiet, relaxing and luxurious. From the beautiful gardens to the delicious breakfast our weekend gave us a time away from the busyness of everyday life. Shirley is an amazing woman, gardener, cook and tour guide! We truly felt like guests in her home.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple