“Chicken and dumplings and vegetarian sandwich on jalapeño cornbread ”

Kitt's Kornbread Sandwich & Pie Bar
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Jefferson
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Dining options: Lunch
Description: When I was 8 I invented what I called a "Kornbread Sandwich". Many years later my Mom and I opened up a pie shop and restaurant and we slowly introduced my creation after tweaking the recipe for our cornbread. It's become an addictive addition to our historic small town and we love to see the faces of our guests eating it for the first time. Come on in and try it. It's not your Mama's cornbread!
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and it was a good choice. My husband had a club sandwich on regular cornbread with broccoli salad. He says it was very good and filling and would recommend it to anyone. I had the combo with chicken and dumplings and vegetarian sandwich on jalapeño cornbread. We were both so full that we took a piece of pie for each of us to eat later today. This is a combination that should be repeated in more places around the country. Love the cornbread on the sandwich. Don't hesitate to stop for a meal if you're in Jefferson.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

My husband and I were in Jefferson for the night last Thursday. We ended up at Kitt's after we went to another establishment and didn't see anything on their menu that appealed to us. We seated ourselves and waited for about 10 minutes before anyone even aknowledged us, the young lady said that someone would be with us in a few minutes. Finally, after about 10 minutes more someone came over to take our order. We were already getting tired of being ignored by this time. We told the waitress that we wanted the chicken and dumplings and she said that they didn't have any. We decided that we would just leave since it was obivious that the waitstaff could care less if we got waited on or not. We were there at about 1:30 and my husband said that they probably didn't want to wait on anyone else because it was almost closing time. We walked across the street to the barbecue place and both the service and food were excellent. When we passed Kitt's later the employees were outside laughing and one or two of theme were smoking.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We heard about the cornbread sandwich so we had to check it out for ourselves.
The story of how it all began is on the front of the menu. You'll want to read how it all started. I wasn't so sure I'd like the cornbread sandwich but I did. Actually it was great!!!! They also have several soups to choose from & pies too. It's situated downtown, in a perfect place to drop into as you are shopping the antique stores in the area. I sat next to the window so I could watch the passerby's. They close up at 3pm so be sure to get there in time to fill up on the best comfort food you could ask for.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

The sandwiches and pies are fantastic! I ordered The Irish corn beef sandwich and the Bread Pudding with Amaretto sauce.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

A group of friends and I had the opportunity to dine at Kitt's Kornbread Sandwich and Pie Bar on Saturday, October 15, 2017. Did we like it? Well, yeah!!! While the selection of the sandwiches is somewhat limited, The Irish, the Big Foot Burger, The Sicilian, etc., you will not be disappointed with whichever you choose. I tried the Big Foot Burger with a double patty and it was scrumptious. Several of my friends chose The Irish, from which I grabbed a bite, and I have to say, I liked it even more than the Big Foot. Will we go back? Any and every chance we get!!! Reasonably priced, great sandwiches, really good soup and the friends who did have room for pie, loved it!!