“Never disappointed by the food .. the service is a different story”
Review of First Watch

First Watch
Ranked #66 of 608 Restaurants in Katy
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Description: First Watch specializes in delicious Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch creations freshly-prepared to order. First Watch begins each morning at the crack of dawn, slicing and juicing fresh fruits and vegetables, baking muffins and making French toast batter from scratch. Free WiFi & newspapers are available.
Reviewed 14 July 2017

A wide range of dishes. Specials every week. The best lemon ricotta pancakes. I have been there several times and never been disappointed by the food. They serve coffee in a large cup and it is delicious. Specialty juices. Several of each category of dish - egg benedicts, hash, pancakes, waffles, french toast and the best thick grain bread. Next time I will start sampling their lunch menu ... maybe!
That being said - the service is slow and inattentive. Thankfully they provide a large carafe of coffee.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Wanted something different for breakfast and First Watch didn't disappoint. While there can be lengthy waits especially on Fathers Day, we managed to get in before the rush.

Food was fresh and tasty, with something on the menu for everyone in our party to enjoy. Coffee was ok, however the strawberry smash (lemonade was excellent). Service was good, especially given how busy it was.

I was reluctant to go for the tri-athlete omelet (on the healthier section) however was surprised at how filling and tasty it turned out to be.

Have returned since for lunch and service was ok, however the pick 2 (from choice of salad, sandwich and soup) was good at $7.95 and came very quickly. Once again very fresh and tasty!

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Service was fast and friendly. I thought the coffee was good. My wife had the biscuits and gravy and liked it. I had two eggs over easy with bacon and a waffle. The eggs were perfect and the waffle was also very good. Plentiful portions at a reasonable price. We will be back.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We tried this place on a whim. It is in the same parking lot as the Best Buy we were going to. The service was a bit slow (which I'm sure it was because it was nearing 1:30). The food was ok. Not bad but not anything to rush back for either. The restaurant's cute, modern appearance was the best part for me.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

So the first time my husband and I went there was a very long wait which we were aware of prior to signing in and we were ok with that but where the problem came in was when it was time for us to be seated the host at the front sat another couple before us. Now I know what you all are thinking how would I know that right? Well about 10-15 minutes prior to us being sat I asked how many people were ahead of us, and this host stated 4 so I counted four people and when the 5th table came available my husband and I started to walk towards the host stand and she walked off with an older couple, the couple gave her a hug as if saying thank you for seating us first. At that time I looked at the tablet at the host stand to see if there was someone before us before I opened my mouth to say something, as I was looking on the tablet I saw the couple before us had been sat and the couple immediately after us had been sat but we were still waiting. So I asked the host about it and she at first lied and said that they checked in on the no wait app I told her whatI saw and she quickly brushed it off stating our table was ready. It was so busyI didn't get to speak to a manager.

Fast forward to the second visit, we ordered to go. I asked for a specific side with my order and when I got home there was some mixed greens instead of the grits I ordered. I called up there to get everything corrected but was put on hold for 8 minutes and no one ever came to the phone. This place is a nice place but I'm so dissatisfied with the service, not once but twice.

They should either hire more waitstaff or train them better.