“Best deal on fresh oysters!”

Captain Tom's Seafood and Oyster
Ranked #41 of 678 Restaurants in Katy
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Always make a point of at least one visit to Captain Tom's during my visits to Houston area. The oysters are the best you'll find in Houston. Best deal on shrimp are the boiled shrimp. Stuffed jalapeños are not hot. Can get lined up at supper time but the busy bustle adds to the great atmosphere of a small seafood diner.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Tom's has great fresh seafood. Usually a line to get in. Best to go with one other person - easier to get a seat.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Absolutely love coming to Captain Tom's for fresh oysters! This is the only place I eat raw oysters! Have tried other places, even top notch restaurants and they are never as fresh as at Captain Toms! Gumbo is awesome too! (and I usually hate gumbo)
Nice, relaxed little restaurant with great food at great prices!
Note: Atmosphere is VERY unique. You come in and just sit when a seat becomes available. You'll literally be sitting elbow to elbow next to someone. There is almost ALWAYS a line there because of the limited seating.
If it's your first time, I recommend waiting to sit in the inner seating around the guys serving - you'll get faster service and won't have to wave them down or go over people's shoulders to grab your food from the middle.
But you won't find better raw oysters at such a great price! Guys serving are always friendly and quick to serve food/drinks.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Just come on I’m the boat type structure and sit down on the bar stool and look at the keep it simple wood menu hanging down
Hush puppies n jalapeño poppers and 4-5 dozen oyster with a couple beers is great

And prices are great too!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

So we came here for to-go food. We got a mixed platter with some fries, shrimp, fried oysters and stuffed crab shell. It really is a joint where people enjoy. But I will say that you must enjoy this type of cuisine for you to really feel it's awesome-ness. I didn't grow up on this food, nor did I get introduced to it at a young age. Not that I don't enjoy all food, but this is good, just not my palette. Everything is basically fried with their secret batter. So, fried food isn't amazing to me since there isn't much to fried food. Other thing is that you get accustomed to it's flavor fast, and there is no other contrasting flavors that go along with this type of fried food. So, we like it, just don't love it, nor like it enough to warrant a trip here.

1  Thank TGuan863